Communication and Partnership Coordinator
Daayitwa is building a movement of young leaders who are guided by shared values of collaborating, innovating, and serving to create solutions to tackle systemic issues in Nepal. More specifically, Daayitwa has three goals: 1. Promote inclusive and enterprise-driven economic growth 2. Strengthen governance of public service delivery 3. Foster resilience in local communities
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Daayitwa strives for an enterprising Nepal where every youth has opportunities for a prosperous future. Launched formally in 2012 as NGO (but active since 2008), Daayitwa nurtures young change agents to accelerate the impact of their business, policy and civic innovations and foster enterprising mindset by:
- Promoting inclusive and enterprise-led economic growth,
- Strengthening governance of inclusive enterprise ecosystem and
- Bolstering community engagement for enhanced livelihoods.
Daayitwa enhances leadership and innovation capacity in young business, policy and civic entrepreneurs through three major programs: Rural Enterprise Acceleration Program (REAP), Daayitwa Public Service Fellowship (DSF) and Yuwa Aaja! Domestic Youth Employment Campaign.
The Communications and Partnership Coordinator, working directly with the Executive Chairperson, will promote organizational visibility, document institutional learning and building strategic partnerships. Specific responsibilities will include the following communications and partnership functions:
- Design and implement communications and branding strategy and action plan for promoting Daayitwa’s vision
- Coordinate and provide guidance to team members responsible for various communications functions
- Collaborate with program teams to customize communication strategies for individual initiatives
- Create and manage processes to generate knowledge products and promote effective public outreach in collaboration with Daayitwa program team
- Create and share stories of impact to national and international audiences
- Coordinate and prepare content for social media, newsletters, press releases, website and blogs
- Devise and implement social media campaigns for different components of Daayitwa projects
- Strengthen Daayitwa’s branding through various interventions, including but not limited to events, videos, website, and social media.
- Strengthen internal communication mechanism, including knowledge-sharing activities and project management procedures
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including but not limited to youth groups, government, private sector, banks, NGOs, universities and development partners.
- Coordinate fundraising through partnership development, grant writing and report writing
- Create and manage documentation and database related to partnership development and external relations
- Create and implement strategy to build partnerships with media outfits at local, national and international levels
- Coordinate learning and networking sessions, including but not limited to webinars, panel discussions, and talk series
- Masters in Communications, Journalism, Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences or relevant field with high academic achievement
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant professional experience, or equal combination of education and experience in communications and campaign coordination
- Understanding of social issues related to economic prosperity, income generation and community-driven development
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a diverse, team-oriented environment
- Independence in working on complex problems in the field of specialization consistently applying creativity and independent judgment
- Strong motivation and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in Nepali and English
- Excellent computer literacy, including proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and website content management
- Working knowledge of Photoshop or other Graphical software is desirable
- Self-starter and team-player with enthusiasm for continuous learning