Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organization. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of children and families in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities. TPO Nepal is a knowledge-driven, innovative organization working in areas disrupted by violence and poverty. We strive to develop local psychosocial, mental health and conflict resolution capacity and systems that promote community resilience, quality of life and self-reliance through education, research, service delivery and advocacy.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO) Nepal is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
REducing Stigma among HealthcAre ProvidErs (RESHAPE) is a 5-years research project funded through National Institute of Health (NIH) research grant that aims to reduce mental health stigma among primary healthcare workers and improve quality of care through active involvement of mental health service users and caregivers. The project is being implemented by TPO Nepal in partnership with George Washington University.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following positions:
Title: Clinical Supervisor/Trainer
Job station: 40% in Kaski and 60% in the field sites (Syangja, Parbat, Baglung, and Myagdi districts)
Job duration: Until August 2021 with possibilities of extension
Number of opening: 1 (one)
Start date: At the earliest
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum master’s degree in psychology or master’s degree in psychiatric social work; M. Phil in clinical psychology is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in clinical case handling, and training / supervision of community psychosocial workers and psychosocial counsellors.
Other desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of developing mental health training and intervention guidelines and materials.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering the National Health Training Centre (NHTC) mental health training modules (1, 2, and 4) or the WHO mhGAP and Healthy Activity Program for depression packages.
- Experience of delivering training and conducting supervision to health workers from primary healthcare setting and the female community health volunteers.
- Good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills (including typing skills) in English and Nepali.
- Good working knowledge of office packages such as MS word, excel, and Powerpoint.
- Some experience and knowledge in mental health research is desirable.
- Willingness to travel in rural areas of Gandaki Province.
- Willingness to work in multicultural environment.
- Is aware and willing to comply with GESI Strategy.
- Candidate from within the Gandaki province will be preferred.
- Should have a sound knowledge of local context.
Roles and responsibilities
- Follow the NHTC training Module and provide training and supervision to health workers and health volunteers from primary healthcare setting.
- Provide training/supervision to field psychosocial counsellors and guide them in clinical case management, documentation and referral.
- Develop assessment and management plan and provide support to psychosocial counsellors to implement them.
- Monitor client progress through regular meetings and follow up.
- Provide psychological/psychosocial support to the service users and caregivers receiving photovoice training.
- Support project lead/ implementation coordinator to conduct mental health awareness workshops and coordination meetings in the communities and municipalities.
- Support research staffs in ENACT (observed clinical competency evaluation) role plays.
- Document and report the progress of field psychosocial counsellors and health workers to project lead and (when required) to project PI and other Co-Is.
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: email@example.com or drop the documents to Administration Department no later than 5:00 p.m, 15th December, 2019. Interested candidates are required to mention the post applied for clearly in the application.
No telephone enquiries please. Only short listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview to TPO Nepal Office.