Chief of Party, Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Chief of Party, Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
UNIT: Clean Energy, Environment and Water Group
REPORTS TO: Director, Water Unit
Winrock is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nepal to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water, improves agriculture water management, and promotes fecal sludge management. The COP will manage the overall program, reporting to the Director of Winrock’s Water Unit. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight to achieve the results of the project.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID/Nepal.
- Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the initiative including managing the budget.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports, and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on the progress of activities and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Represent Winrock at meetings and events as required and keep Winrock Home Office informed regarding new opportunities in the country and region.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project, including but not limited to natural resource management, engineering, and international relations.
- Ph.D. in a relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in fields required for the successful implementation of this program, such as WASH, sustainable water management, natural resources management, community and alternative livelihood development, governance and capacity building, value chain development, small scale construction management.
- Minimum 5 years of DCOP- or COP-level experience for large ($10M USD and above) contracts.
- An understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in the sectors named in the bullet above.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Contract management experience for USAID.
- Technical and managerial experience working in Nepal and/or Asia.
- Technical understanding of water resource management and sanitation.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management required.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Nepal strongly preferred.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role as well as interacting with beneficiaries.
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the initiative and to effectively coordinate with a wide range of regional stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should follow the link given below within October 29, 2019.
Chief of Party: