Chief of Party (COP) Nepal
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chief of Party (COP) Nepal
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential is absolutely limitless. We partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience strategy, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
The Chief of Party is a full-time position based in Kathmandu, Nepal and the position is contingent upon award.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Chief of Party to lead a five-year USAID-funded project in Kathmandu, Nepal. He/she will support USAID/Nepal and implementing partners to build their capacity to develop effective Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) systems, use data and evidence for decision-making and apply principles of adaptive management through the use of collaborating, learning and adapting. As a COP, he/she will be responsible to conduct rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities to improve achievement and sustainability of USAID/Nepal’s development objectives.
- Serve as primary liaison with USAID/Nepal COR and Contracting officer on day-to-day activities.
- Provide strategic direction to technical and management team to achieve intended results.
- Ensure quality control and responsiveness of activities and services provided under the contract.
- Lead teams to, conduct a variety of activities including assessments, studies, data analysis, trainings/capacity building activities, designing evaluations, providing technical support for Performance Management Plans (PMPs), MEL plans, data quality.
- Support the management of field monitoring and program evaluations by assisting the Mission and Implementing partners in developing and implementing effective MEL systems.
- Lead teams in providing support to the Mission’s learning and KM functions assisting in the adaptation, implementation and improvement of organizational learning practices.
- Lead the development of assessment or evaluation designs determining qualitative and quantitative sampling strategies and finalizing methodological approaches.
- Promote a collaborative relationship among implementing partners.
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the program.
- Ensure high-quality program results and adapt as needed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Master’s degree in relevant expertise field (preferably in Monitoring and Evaluation, International Development or a related field)
- Minimum 10 years of international development and program experience, with extensive experience in design, management and implementation of evaluations, data analyses, performance monitoring and capacity building
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience
- Prior experience as a Chief of Party, or Project Director leading complex international development projects
- Excellent skills in monitoring and evaluation methods
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded projects regarding MEL and building capacity of USAID Staff personnel
- Technical experience in M&E of international projects, preferably for USAID
- Fluency in English is required
- Excellent and verbal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Ph.D. in relevant field
- Nepali language skills
- Prior experience on USAID-funded projects in Nepal
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Adult learning theory
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing context and work in ambiguity
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Work from home flexibility
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Holidays
Professional development opportunities
*Benefits may vary from Bixal’s standards benefits package for international positions and expats.
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.