Challenge Fund Programme Coordinator
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Mott MacDonald is managing the DFID-funded programme: ‘Purnima: UK Support to Post-Earthquake Recovery in Nepal’ in four Districts (Gorkha, Dhading, Nuwakot, and Rasuwa). This programme aims to achieve long-term positive change in the lives of people in earthquake-affected regions of Nepal.
The implementation phase of the programme commenced in July 2018 with a 4.5-year duration. It comprises five Output Areas:
- Support and capacity building to Government at central, district and local level in reconstruction planning.
- Reconstruction of rural infrastructure, including water supply, foot trails, footbridges, schools, public buildings, and potentially other types of infrastructure.
- Analysis of, and interventions to address, constraints to the private sector, including access to finance, supply of labour, materials and transport in the construction sector.
- Mobilizing and managing a Challenge Fund to leave no-one behind in the reconstruction effort.
- Monitoring, evaluation and learning.
These five outputs are grouped into two thematic areas: “build back better” and “leave no one behind” so that reconstruction benefits everyone and they are in a better state than before the earthquake. Mott MacDonald is working with national and international partners, with large parts of Output being directly implemented by NGOs through a series of grant agreements.
Purnima is seeking a Challenge Fund Programme Coordinator reporting to the Challenge Fund Lead/ Deputy Team Leader. You will work with the Challenge Fund’s Partners, Field Officers, and District Coordinators for successful implementation of the Challenge Fund activities and Management Information System (MIS) management.
- Assisting and supporting the Challenge Fund (CF) Lead / Deputy Team Leader for providing programme related support as needed.
- Ensure CF/LNOB projects adhere to frameworks and all compliances and documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Maintaining Challenge Fund Monitoring (physical/financial) plans, project implementation schedule and expenditures in close coordination with CF Manager and CF Finance Coordinator.
- Preparing field level presentations to update senior management on the project’s implementation progress and chart out the field level issues, success and impact (changes) of the project.
- Delegating tasks to Challenge Fund Field Officers and monitor their work in progress
- Ensuring deadlines are met by Partners in submitting the quarterly / Annual project progress (result based deliverables) and financial reports.
- Organizing, attending and participating in CF/LNOB partners and stakeholder’s meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Assess project risks and issues and suggest solutions where applicable
- Supporting to organise project team meetings and recording of minutes at field level.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
M & E and MIS Management
Act as a custodian of the Challenge Fund Management Information System (MIS).
- Support partners’ organisations to properly uses of MM’s MIS operation tools (Online MIS platform), by ensuring accurate input are provided in the MIS.
- Regular tracking of activities and milestones and ensure that they are well reflected in CF/LNOB online MIS and Dash Board, so that it can be easily imported in the MM quarterly report / Annual report.
- Collect and compile information, data, case stories and other relevant innovation and success stories from the field and partners and prepare reports.
- Support to prepare project’s periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) are required.
- Perform other duties related to assignment proposed by his/her supervisor as and when necessary.
This position will be responsible for managing and supervising Challenge Fund Field Officers.
- Experience of managing and coordinating multiple projects and partners simultaneously.
- Project experience related to livelihoods, community development, reconstruction and recovery, Inclusion and Leave No One Behind (LNOB).
- Prior experience of working with vulnerable groups such as Elderly, Single Women, IDPs, Persons with disabilities, and Economic poor in the context of reconstruction and recovery is an advantage.
- Experience working with various stakeholders including Government, civil society, NGOs and Donors.
- Experience in project monitoring and managing MIS system.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is must.
- Teamwork: Develops & promotes effective collaboration within & across units to achieve shared goals & optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces & delivers quality results in a service oriented & timely manner; is action oriented & committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing & sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge & innovate.
Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities & assumes responsibility for own action & delegated work.
Communication: Encourages & contributes to clear & open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring & motivational way.
Computer skills: Fully computer literate in MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point, and Management Information System (MIS) is preferred.
Please Click Here to see the full job description or application procedure.