Campaign, Alliance and Movement Building Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
Campaign, Alliance and Movement Building Specialist(Based in Kathmandu)
Campaign, Alliance and Movement Building Specialist is responsible for alliance and movement building to amplify the voices of girls for effective policy advocacy through allies and platform. This position is responsible to support the team to generate, harvest, cross-fertilize and promote the practical application of knowledge and learning about gender-transformative approaches to poverty reduction throughout CARE’s programming in girls’ right and leadership development. S/he is responsible to establish coordination forums within and outside of CARE, negotiating with power holders on girl’s rights, developing advocacy platform and aligning with Government, Civil Societies, Think Tanks and Law Makers. The incumbent will also lead the amplification of CARE Nepal’s campaign initiatives linked to Tipping Point III at local and national levels and work collaboratively with the technical leads to design and implement relevant advocacy agenda in line with TP III theories of change.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Gender Studies, Development Studies, Education and other relevant courses in humanities
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on advocacy, campaigning and movement building on girls’ rights. The incumbent should have capacity to develop advocacy based strategy papers, design campaigns and strengthen alliances and movement and establish partnerships with government, CSOs and private sector stakeholders.
- At least 3 years’ of proven experience in policy advocacy and campaigns, developing learning products and policy briefs, partnership building, ensuring linkages of local actions to national, regional and international level policy processes.
- Experienced in mobilizing and strengthening alliances and movements
- Experienced in multi sectoral influencing process for women and girls rights.
- Experienced in negotiating with power holders, facilitating advocacy workshop and designing movements.
Skills and knowledge and competencies:
- Good interpersonal, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Good in maintaining public relation
- Good skills in designing and conducting discussion sessions
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both English and Nepali
- Good reporting skills
- Good knowledge of the political context and key policies relating to women’s and girls’ rights
- Good in maintaining relation with the people of diverse background
- Good in understanding gender dynamics
- Committed to gender equality
- Strategic thinking
- Strong team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, 05 November 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.