Call for Request for Application (RFA)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Feed the Future Nepal Knowledge-Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project
Agribusiness Grant Program
Call for Request for Application (RFA)
USAID’s Feed the Future (FTF) Nepal Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN II) is operating in twenty-five Hill and Terai districts in Bagmati, Lumbini, Karnali and Sudurpaschim Provinces. The project’s overall goal is to increase resilience, inclusiveness and sustainability of income growth through agriculture development.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, KISAN II is renewing its effort to promote transformational change in the rice and maize sub-sectors in Nepal. Under this RFA, KISANII is seeking out partnerships from maize value chain actors to strengthen and bring systemic changes in maize sector to bring transformational change. The RFA shall contribute to the following three objectives:
- Support maize market actors (seed companies, cooperatives, silage and feed mills, maize processors, maize traders/wholesalers, ICT firms, finance/insurance companies, logistics companies, etc.) to establish strong backward linkage with maize producers in KISAN II working areas (Kapilvastu, Dang, Banke, Bardiya, Kailali, Kanchanpur, Surkhet, and Palpa).
- Facilitate maize market actors to provide necessary production and post-production services to maize producers who have the potential and/or capacity to become commercial maize producers. Production and post-production services can include providing access to quality agri-inputs, access to maize harvesting, drying and storage technologies, promotion of agri-machineries, improved access to market, and access to insurance services, among others.
- Support maize market actors to upgrade their marketing, operational, and management capacity to better enable them to work closely with maize producers.
Eligible applicants are entities working in the maize sector who exhibit the ability to bring transformational change in the market system through innovative business models that strengthen the linkage between farmers and the end market.Such as: seed companies, cooperatives, silage and feed mills, maize processors, maize traders/wholesalers, ICT firms, finance/insurance companies, logistics companies.
KISAN II invites technical and budget applications (in a given template) by eligible applicants registered or otherwise authorized to conduct business in Nepal with the following documents, no later than Monday, 17 January 2022 (5 PM).
- A completed and signed technical application
- A completed and signed budget application
- CVs for project personnel (if necessary)
- Budget supporting documents, including the budget narrative, as applicable
- Statutory audit report of fiscal year2077/78
- A copy of the applicant’s valid legal registration and renewal
- Tax clearance certificate of the fiscal year 2077/78
- Organizational chart
- Operation policies and procedures
For detailed RFA document, technical and cost application format, send a request to email at KISAN.Proposal@winrock.org with RFA-04-2021 in subject line.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to KISAN.Proposal@winrock.org and should reference RFA-04-2021.
Chief of Party
Feed the Future Nepal Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II Project
Kalika Marg, Ward # 2, Sanepa
P.O. Box No. 8975 EPC No. 1888 Lalitpur, Nepal.
Issuance of this RFA does not obligate Winrock International to award a grant, nor will Winrock International pay any costs associated with the preparation or submission of application. Furthermore, Winrock International reserves the right to reject any and all applications, if such action is considered to be in the best interest of Winrock International. The final award is contingent upon donor approval.