Call For Proposal
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference (ToR) for developing Video Documentary on SCoN – Distance Teaching Learning (DTL) Program During COVID-19
Project Locations: Mahottari, Dhanusha, Siraha, Saptari, and Sunsari
Organisation and Project Overview
Street Child is an international charity based in the United Kingdom that aims to create avenues for out of-school children to access education through an integrated approach that strengthens the capacity of teachers, schools and communities to sustain their investment in the education for their children.
Street Child sees a world where all children are safe, in school and learning. We specialise in supporting children and communities in low-resource environments and emergencies: recognising that the complex, compounded challenges that affect them require innovative, integrated interventions. Our interventions are informed by robust, rigorous evidence and results-oriented, optimised to create maximum impact for children at minimum cost. Since 2008, we have assisted over 250 000 children across 14 fragile, conflict and crisis affected counties across South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Street Child has a strong, sustained commitment to localisation and works in partnership with 80+ local level actors and organisations, underscored by close consultation and collaboration with local communities.
Street Child started its operation in Nepal after the 2015 earthquakes that left more than 1 million children out of school and destroyed over 50,000 classrooms. Having delivered a series of response and recovery programs Street Child of Nepal is assisting local partners to re-establish education for some of the country’s most marginalized communities.
Street Child is implementing a three-year long Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Offices funded education, protection and livelihood project in Mahottari, Dhanusha and Saptari. In its second year of implementation, Street Child and partners realized the need to pivot our efforts to address the chronic vulnerabilities exacerbated by the pandemic-the lockdowns and other form of closures/mobility restrictions thereof. Street Child along with its partners in support of FCDO is delivering a RAPID RESPONSE PROGRAM to address these gaps of food insecurity, child-protection, protection in general and other cross-cutting issues. This response program will last for a period of six months and target to reach over 10,000 families at risk in all districts of Province-2. The program will operate in three different strands-Prevention and Preparedness, Psychosocial support and Protection Services, and Provision of Relief.”
The objective of the consultancy is to make a video on the Distance Teaching Learning (DTL) program conducted by the Street Child of Nepal in the context of COVID-19, 2020.
The consultant to make a 10 minutes long (maximum) video on Distance Teaching Learning (DTL) under the Accelerated Learning Program (ALP), Life Skills Component (LSC), and Livelihood Support Program (LSP) conducted by the Street Child of Nepal across the 5 districts of Terai. The video should contain a brief introduction to Street Child of Nepal including overall program activities. It should also portray the Socio-Economic condition of Musahar communities and the impact of the programs on their socio-economic lives.
The Key Areas/Topics for Video Documentary
- A brief introduction to Street child of Nepal and the project
- Introduction to the Musahar community
- Overall programs activities
- Impact of the program on the community in Year 1 and 2
- Impact of COVID-19 on the community and girls’ learning
- Introduction to Distance Teaching and Learning – response, resources, results.
- Interview with participants, parents, and other stakeholders along with SCoN team members
- Case studies
The consultant will be responsible for the implementation of the above-listed activities.
|1||Discussion with the SCoN Program Teams|
|3||Submit the First Draft|
|4||Incorporate the Ideas and Inputs from the Teams and Submit|
|5||Submit the Final Video|
Competency Expected from the Consultant:
- Ample experiences on the audio-visual recording, editing, and media production
- Prepare full HD quality video as per requirements determined by Street Child of Nepal including (sound, editing, narration, and English subtitles)
- Record and use standard Nepali narration and prepare suitable background music for the video
- Caption the project beneficiaries’ voice from Maithili into English for subtitles
- Working experience with marginalized communities of Terai
- Having all legal documents
- Strict implementation of the child protection policy and safeguarding protocols during the making of the video
Required Documents for Submitting the Proposal
Interested consultants/firms can email their application to email@example.com with the subject “Proposal for Documentary Video on DTL” along with the following documents by 21 October 2020.
- Financial Proposal
- Company Profile
- Relevant Past Experience List
- Firm Registration and Renewable Certificate
- Copy of Vat Registration Certificate
- Latest Tax Clearance Certificate
- Audit Report of the last FY