Call for application
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for application
The Rural Women’s Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC)
Date of publication: 23rd February 2021
The Rural Women’s Development and Unity Centre (RUWDUC) was established in 1995 with the objective of empowering and uplifting disadvantaged women, adolescents and children. RUWDUC believes every human being has an inherent right to a healthy life, equal opportunities to avail education, employment, quality health care, and access to justice, and to live a violence-free and peaceful life, devoid from all forms of discrimination.
Therefore, RUWDUC is seeking job applications from potential candidates for a post of Sub-Engineer based at the implementation site of "Construction of Micro Hydro Project (CMHP) at Bhageswor, Dadeldhura"in partnership with OXFAM in Nepal and Bhageswor Rural Municipality.
S/he should actively work as a member of the Project Development & Management Team such as to;
- Help prepare and review engineering design, estimate in coordination with the Engineers of OXFAM and Bhageswor Rural Municipality and actively support in the whole implementation process,
- Support Oxfam, RUWDUC and external consultants in collecting important local information required during integrated basin level study,
- Coordinate with Local Government, Construction Company, Community and others, on regular basis,
- Prepare and regularly update the project development and construction schedule of the project,
- Prepare, review and analyze project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) including timely quality deliverables, work packages, and activities,
- Form Women Empowerment Center (WEC), Farmers Group (FG) and Water Users Group (WUG), implement activities and report to RUWDUC through its Field Officer and to others, as required,
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION FOR THE VACANT POSITION:
- Nepali Citizen;
- Must have completed Diploma in Sub-Engineering ,
- Fluent in English & Nepali languages both written and spoken,
- Experience in Hydro power will be an added advantage,
- Must be highly motivated, dynamic, energetic, competent, performance oriented and must have keen interest in Hydropower Sector,
- Must have knowledge of engineering software such as AutoCAD, MS-Project, etc.,
- Candidates should be willing to stay at project site,
- Familiar with busy working environment, handling with pressure of works and meet the deadlines, and
- Good in communication with people from diverse community and place.
- Women and Marginalized candidate from the same local government will be given preference.
DURATION: 10 months. The probation period is 3 months extended if the performance is found satisfactory.
CONTRACT DATE: Immediate
Application and recent Bio-data should reach RUWDUC Office at Gahanapokhari, Handigaun, Kathmandu by 1st March 2021 before 17.00 hours.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or, email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening process.RUWDUC's decision is final in the whole process.