Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager
Gross Salary: Attractive salary in the range of NPR 100k, plus benefits reflecting skills and experience
Working Days: 5 days a week (Mon-Friday, 900am to 530pm)
Location: Maharajgunj, Kathmandu (central office)
Reporting to: CEO
We are seeking a proactive individual to join our team as a Business Development and Strategic Partnerships Manager. As an aspirant for this position, you will have first-hand evidenced experience in the key themes, processes, financial flows and approaches in the distribution of financial aid mechanisms for international development, including a technical understanding of the contracting process.
You will be politically savvy, with a working knowledge on how the complex processes on international development is formulated, adopted and implemented. You will use this insight for horizon scanning and to advise SWN leadership on downstream funding opportunities.
The Business Development and Strategic Partnership Manager will build commercial acumen and stakeholder relationships and to assess and secure business opportunities locally and internationally. You will assist in bid development – including market research, identifying partners and experts, writing bid sections, preparing submissions, collaborating between teams, reconnaissance missions, due diligence/vetting, supporting negotiations etc.
A strong understanding from experience of the diverse array of organisations that exert power and influence in the processes and outcomes of development with a special emphasis on the developing countries. You shall be familiar with key themes and campaigns in the development agenda such as UN Sustainable Development Goals, specifically those which align with SWN focus on developing skills which promote quality of deliverables, entrepreneurship, employment and co-operation.
Skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level in Business Administration, International Relations/Development or a related field.
- Evidenced experience of building strategic alliances & partnerships with other stakeholders e.g. Governments, donors, INGOs, global bodies.
- Evidenced experience of working in public or private sector organisation in the international development space. Ideally proven success working for DFID or other donors and a track record of winning major bids.
- Demonstrable understanding of international development and experience of working in a development environment.
- Extensive experience in business development in development context, including professional networking
- Experience of international programme management and ideally with team of young professionals.
- Track record in working successfully with teams in donor organisations to secure funding with a good general knowledge of the global donor landscape.
- Experience of working with others in consortia bids to secure funding.
- Comfortable with social media in promoting organisation and its achievements for wider dissemination of learning and strengths.
S/he will also be:
- Comfortable with a start-up environment and of entrepreneurial mindset
- Commercially astute, pro-active, action-oriented.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally for business development
- Only candidates shortlisted will be contacted
- Available for interview week commencing 27th October onwards
SWN offers a dynamic and exciting work environment and attractive staff benefits, including flexible working hours.
If you are an action orientated and astute individual who would like to join our team, to support a dynamic and growing business, please apply by sending your CV (covering letter not required at this stage), no later than 20th November 2019 at email@example.com.
We give priority to candidates who live within a comfortable commuting distance from the office in Maharjgunj.
About the Organisation: SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations and policy promotion works.
We encourage potential applicants to visit www.swnepal.com.np for more details on our team, location and our services.