Bid and Business Development Manager
S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SW Nepal Pvt Ltd (Scott Wilson Nepal)
Bid and Business Development Manager
SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the Government of Nepal, development partners, academic institutions, projects and programmes to help them achieve their objectives through our support in planning, management, research/monitoring/evaluations and policy promotion works.
Please visit for more details on our team, location and our services.
Purpose of the position
This is a long term institutional position, not attached to a particular project, and based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj area. The Manager shall plan, coordinate, organize and deliver all steps of business development process from pre-positioning, generation of Expression of Interest (EoI), RFP responses and support in contract negotiations. Bid and Business Development Manager shall also continually assess market position and achieve financial growth by developing marketing strategies, identifying business opportunities and prepares for a business deal with the client.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- University Degree preferably in Development Management, Civil Engineering Disciplines, Economics, or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience in proposal development and client management within national and international development sectors.
- Having knowledge of procurement policies and compliances of development organization (DFID, USAID, SDC, ADB, World Bank, UN agencies etc).
- Having large network within the development sectors, government agencies and private sectors.
- Broad knowledge of development approaches, programme / practices, as well as good analytical skills on research and strategy formulation.
- Proven success in writing or supporting the creation of winning proposals
- Excellent command in both English and Nepali languages
- Knowledge on CV roster management, relation management with development professionals.
- Ability to plan, establish priorities and meet deadlines and to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision
- Strong presentation, marketing and networking skills
- Excellent presentation skills with high level of organization ability.
- High standard of computer literacy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Proactively research and identify the potential business opportunities through news media, subscribed international portals etc
- Update and manage experts’ CV database.
- Analyze, develop and implement development business plans and strategies for the company.
- Act as a bid manager for proposal development and compile required information from professional teams
- Support the establishment of project teams, identify recruitment requirements for staff and consultants and manage the recruitment process.
- Ensure the SW Nepal websites are attractive and up-to-date with team members, projects, news articles, blogs and insights.
- Build and maintain distinctive relationship with clients, partner organizations and key experts/professionals.
- Regularly update/develop marketing materials (e.g. photo-sheets, table sheets, update company profile, capability statements, etc.) and publish as required.
Job commencement: From 1st of November 2019 onwards
Salary: Attractive salary with benefits commensurate with experience and skills.
We have a staff-friendly working environment and policies, and work in a quiet but centrally located neighbourhood in Maharajgunj area. We strongly encourage applicants to familiarize with the works of the organization before applying for this position. We prefer candidates who do not need to commute long distances for work.
If you are interested, please email your CV suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 12th October 2019.