AWS DevOps/Linux- NOSQL Admin
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. We are a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Verisk's businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
AWS DevOps/Linux- NOSQL Admin
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Verisk Business: Verisk Analytics
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a Senior NOSQL Administrator/DBA to design, implement, support, administrator and maintain NoSQL Databases in AWS Cloud. drive autonomy. Self-service tooling is core to our mission.
As an NOSQL Administrator/DBA, you will:
- Perform all aspects of any NoSQL database cluster administration including planning, installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in the architecture of systems to provide a highly scalable, highly available server structure which provides web services for customers.
- Work closely with application development teams and systems administration to test, troubleshoot, and optimize new and existing database-driven applications.
- Monitor production, test, and development database environments and actively pursue any issues limiting the performance and scalability of these systems.
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone, be on-call and occasionally work odd hours to help meet customer service level agreements.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems and 3+ years of related work experience in Any NoSQL databases.
- Expert knowledge of planning, installation, upgrading, patching, tuning, support, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, or MS SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting and python.
- A background in development is a plus.
- Experience supporting 24x7 enterprise database applications.
- Knowledge of SAN and networking technologies.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Dedication to work and willingness to work hard under pressure.
- Experienced at developing elegant-yet-simple systems using best practices and design patterns.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
|Category||Information Technology, Engineering - Software, Software Development|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||B.E. in Computer Science, Bachelors in Computer Science, Master's in Computer Science|
|Posted Date||06 May, 2022|
|Apply Before||05 Jun, 2022|