Assistant- Public Health
System Development Service center is a not profit organization. It was established in 2056 B.S. as a Non-Governmental Organization in Gorkha district. This organization works throughout Gorkha district and covers programs like a SUAAHARA-2 and Rural Water supply Project, Gorkha Reconstruction Project, and Integrated Community Development Project. Our donors include USAID, HKI, Catholic Relief Service (CRS), RWSSFDB, Government of Nepal, UNDP and GNI Nepal.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Date of Publication: 10 May 2022
Position: Assistant- Public Health
Location: Project Office – System Development Service Center (SDSC), Gorkha
Application deadline: 18 May 2022
Duration of Contract: Fixed term till December 2022 (with possibility of extension)
System Development Service center (SDSC) is a non-profit non-Governmental organization established in 2056 B.S in Gorkha district. The organization works throughout Gorkha district and covers programs like SUAAHARA-2, Rural Water supply Project, Gorkha Reconstruction Project, Community Recovery Project and Integrated Community Development Project (ICDP).
With technical and financial support of GNI Nepal, System Development Service Center (SDSC) is implementing “Integrated Community Development Project” (ICDP) - Health & WASH in Gorkha Municipality-4 Finam, Dharche Rural Municipality and Arughat Rural Municipality of Gorkha District.
The incumbent will be mainly focused on the following major duties and responsibilities.
Planning and Implementation:
- Design health and WASH related plan of action (PoA) and execute accordingly in the target areas.
- Develop contents for educational activities and awareness campaign.
- Revitalize community groups like health mother group (HMG), Health Facility Operation Management Committee (HFOMC), W/ S-WASH-CC.
Training and Development:
- Conduct orientation, training, interaction and discussion for sensitizing communities on Public Health Issues.
- Facilitate to mobilize FCHVs and HMGs.
- Facilitate workshop and training for enhancing capacity of FCHVs, HMGs, W/S-WASH-CCs, HFOMCs, PMCs, child club members, parents and community.
- Carry-out periodical assessment of project in order to assess the gap in operational practices of project interventions.
- Collect and compile training need assessment for FCHVs, HMG, HFOMC, ORC Management committees, Health Workers and W/S-WASH-CC.
- Conduct field visits to observe, monitor and evaluate the project interventions and utilization status.
- Submit periodic reports as per project requirement.
- Compile experiences, lessons learnt, best practices and success stories of project.
- Assist in feasibility study of infra activities.
- Review physical and financial progress of project interventions.
Collaboration and Coordination
- Extend coordination with concerned local government, schools, health facilities, community networks and other like-minded organizations, civil society and seek collaboration.
- Participate in the programs/ meeting and discussions held at district, R/M, community level and share the learnings/ experiences.
Qualification and required skills:
- Intermediate in Health Education, Health Assistant or related field
- At least two years in relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of community health
- Hands on experience in social mobilization
- Proficiency in MS word, excel, PowerPoint, email and internet.
Eligible and interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their current CV, Cover Letter and other Earned Documents to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or in direct to the SDSC Office, Gorkha Municipality - 7 New Buspark, Gorkha addressing to The Human Resource Department of SDSC, Gorkha, within 18 May 2022 within Office hour. Please indicate the position title while applying for on the subject of your cover letter and in the mail.
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for the further recruitment process. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification of the candidate. Telephonic enquiries shall not be entertained. Applicants from marginalized groups, women and local residences are especially encouraged to apply.