Shechen Karuna Nepal is working in Nepal since 2020 with the vision to create a just society without poverty, a society in which all women and men live a life of dignity, enjoy their rights as active citizens of Nepal. Through integrated development program it aims to provide people with better livelihood opportunities, improved health conditions, sustained environment, quality education and continued economic development, ensuring that development-related activities are demand driven and sustainable. As defined by the VISION 2025, a strategic guidance, Shechen Karuna Nepal has been working in three regions Terai, Mid-Hills and High-Hills (mountains) in five inter-connected thematic sectors; 1. Health and Hygiene 2. Education 3. Food Security 4. Economic Development 5. Environment By working in these sectors, Shechen Karuna aims to provide people with opportunities to reduce poverty, vulnerability and inequality, ensuring that development-related activities are gender sensitive, socially inclusive, demand driven and sustainable, and that the most vulnerable are empowered to sustained their effort. Shechen Karuna works in close coordination local governments and civil society organizations to support marginalized, socially excluded and economically poor communities.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
AGRICULTURE TECHNICIAN – 1 position
Location/Duty Station: Sindhuli
Terms of Reference (ToR)
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
The role of the Agriculture Technician will focus on smooth implementation of planned activities under Food-Security and Economic Development thematic areas under the direct supervision of District Program Coordinator and line managed by Program Manager (Food Security and Economic Development Thematic Head).
Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure effective implementation of the planned activities as stipulated in the detail implementation plan.
- Communicate and orient the community about the project objectives
- Manage the local level meeting, group discussion, orientation, various agriculture related training for the activities as per the project objective in coordination with supervisor.
- Support/promote pilot demonstration of agricultural related innovation, technologies and practice including Kitchen Garden Management; Integrated Paste Management technology, farm mechanization and etc.
- Conduct regular meeting with farmer’s groups
- Coordinate with local stakeholders such as ward chairperson and members, ward secretariat, agriculture unit of respective rural municipalities,and other related stakeholder/committees at ward and community level.
- Collect and prepare the data as required for the project.
- Submit the regular report on event, monthly, quarterly, trimester basis as per requirement to the supervisor.
- Perform the work as per rules and regulations of organization.
- Attend various training, meetings and workshops
Education / Qualifications
- Junior Technician (JT) / I. Sc Agriculture with at least 1 year or JTA with at least 3 years experiences in related field.
Other experience and requirements
- At least 3 years of professional experience in agriculture sector at community level
- Knowledge of functionalities of Local Government is desirable
- Proven experience in implementation of projects in coordination with local government and stakeholders
- Strong commitment and willingness to live and work with remote and underprivileged communities
(Note: Preference will be given to the qualified local candidates)
- Good command Nepali language (written and spoken); Understanding of English language would be an added advantage
- Preference to the understanding of local languages like Tamang and Awadhi.
To apply for the position, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – with an updated CV and motivation letter mentioning the position applied for in the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 26 January 2023
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: Regular position, with annual renewal basis January to December yearly
The position is contingent upon approval receipt from Social Welfare Council for 2023 proposal.
Offered Salary: Basic starting from NPR 25,000 and with other fringe benefits as per labor law and HR policy of organization.
Due to urgent priority to fill in the position, recruitment can be held on a rolling basis and KarunaShechen Nepal reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and ShechenKaruna reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.