Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chemonics International Inc.
Title: Administrative Assistant
General Summary and Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities
Principles Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Function)
- Answer Phone call-in courteous manner, route call and forward message promptly.
- Receive and greet all visitors in a prompt and courteous manner
- Collect and distribute daily correspondence to staff.
- Photocopy materials, digitize documents, and provide typing (Nepali and English) and word processing services as required.
- Assist the Administrative Officer with all the project office procurement, including identification of suitable vendors, collection of price quotes, and documentation of procurement process.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in the delivery of adequate timely administrative and logistics support to the technical team, as needed.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in ensuring the proper filing and archiving of all relevant administrative, contractual, personnel, technical and programmatic documents both via electronic files and hard copy files.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in drafting and/or recording internal and external written correspondence coming in and going out of the project office.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in maintaining project office calendar of activities, employee travel and leave.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in organizing and managing project equipment and inventory and monitoring and tracking staff material/ equipment use.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in making hotel and flight reservations for local staff traveling.
- Assist the Administrative Officer with making bank deposits and paying vendors for service.
- Assist with other tasks as required and requested by the Administrative Officer.
- Comply with USAID regulations and Chemonics Professional Code of Ethics in all activities.
- Previous experience with USAID projects preferred. Minimum of two years of experience in office administration, logistics management, and event/meeting coordination.
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or a related field.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Ability to type in Nepali.
- Self-starter, energetic and willing to learn, receive feedback and improve skills and performance.
- Comfortable with performing all levels of routine and repetitive tasks.
- Strong ethics, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive data and information.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
Location of Assignment:
- This position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- The Administrative Assistant will report to Administrative Officer.
Application Instruction: Applicants are requested to send their CV and Cover letter at PSMNepalRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org, Deadline for the application is Wednesday, October 21, 2020. No telephone calls are entertained.