Administration, Finance and Logistics Assistant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION TITLE: Administration, Finance and Logistics Assistant (national position)
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal, with travel to districts
REPORTS TO: Administration Officer and Accountant
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. A 2014 report estimates that 230,000 Nepalis are subject to slavery at any given time, and nearly 30 percent of the economically-active population is unemployed or underemployed.1 The Hamro Samman project is a five-year program generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department For International Development and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the government, civil society, and private sector to combat human trafficking in Nepal.
The Administration, Finance and Logistics (AFL) Assistant will closely work with Administration Officer and Accountant to assist on day to day administrative, logistical and financial activities. The AFL Assistant will provide administrative, financial, logistics, procurement, operations support and supervision in use of office facilities and resources for the Hamro Samman project.
- Assist in the office management and facilitate day to day administration and logistics needs.
- Handle travel arrangements, internal or international, which includes obtaining visas, arranging hotel stays, and overseeing compliance with donor travel regulations and Winrock policies
- Support team in the preparation of documents and facilitate project staff meetings and other office meetings as well as logistical arrangements of training activities
- Handle office management functions including maintenance of the building and office equipment, arranging off-site archiving
- Coordinate with suppliers to maintain printers, internet, network and others
- Conduct physical verification of the inventories once a year
- Keep all inventory properly branded and marked
- Filing and organizing administrative files
- Responsible for front desk activities, respond phone calls, take message as needed
- Maintain office upkeep and cleanliness
- Keep systems for borrowing office supplies and update equipment lists in the system
- Support on the procurement of office supplies, materials/equipment preparing purchase requisition, obtaining price quotations and compiling them with the necessary documents
- Prepare vehicle planning and arrangement as requested by staff
- Check that the vehicle log books are properly filled and maintained periodically, at least once a month.
- Regular check on vehicle maintenance and keep them in running position
- Process insurance claims of staff members’ medical and process vehicle insurance claims, follow up for the reimbursement and others
- Provide logistical and administrative support to program activities, including coordinating and setting up the venue, making payments to participants, etc.
- Process tax deposits, filings, VAT entry in IRD system
- Process banking transactions and deposit.
- Scanning and photocopy of all required financial documents and vouchers
- Vouchers’ filing and stamping
- Assist for screening documents before processing for payment for accuracy, relevance and entry to system
- Adhere to the company's or organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Assist to complete travel authorization documents
- Assist to review and complete the program related documents during workshops and seminar
Other duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
Technical: Minimum 2 years of experience in financial, administrative and office support
- Experience with data entry and front desk responsibilities
- Experience on quick book is added advantage.
- Experience on general administration, procurement and financial management
- Experience managing multi tasks, priorities under pressure and attention to detail
- Knowledgeable on financial and general administrative management;
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook applications
- Familiarity using spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Customer-service skills, team player, solution-oriented, problem solver who can deliver a high-quality service result in a fast- paced environment
- Good communication skills both written and oral, in English and Nepali.
- Familiarity with business principles and practices.
Professionalism: Strong knowledge of the relevant technical areas.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style. Fluency in written in English.
Teamwork: Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Analytical skills: Ability to analyze information and solve problems with excellent attention to detail.
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Administration, Finance and Logistics Assistant”, to HamroSammanJobs@winrock.org on or before August 23, 2019. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All employees should adhere to USAID, DFID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.