Admin & Data Support Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
Physical Rehabilitation Activity (PRA)) is 6 years program funded by USAID which is aiming to integrate rehabilitation service in the Public Health System. This program started in June 2019 and is working closely with government authorities, Disability People Organizations (DPOs); physiotherapy unit in District hospitals; private rehabilitation services providers and rehabilitation professional associations. The physical rehabilitation activity (PRA) project supports the establishment of a sustainable, integrated, public-private rehabilitation system in order to improve the mobility and functional independence of persons with physical disabilities and other individuals in need of rehabilitation services. The project has three objectives: (1) the quality of rehabilitation services is strengthened, (2) access to rehabilitation service is increased and (3) sustainability of the five existing USAID/HI supported PRCs is strengthened.
To achieve the project goal and objectives, HI contributes to the establishment of a sustainable rehabilitation services system through a health system strengthening approach at the national, provincial and municipal levels. The approach will be strengthening the six core areas: (i) governance and leadership capacities of central and local authorities; (ii) health and rehabilitation human resources capacities; (iii) rehabilitation information system development: (iv) medical and product technologies, including assistive products; (v) finance; and, (vi) service delivery. This will be achieved through the guidance of World Health Organization (WHO) frameworks that integrate rehabilitation into health systems, towards universal access to appropriate and affordable care.
HI Nepal invites application for the following position:
1. Admin & Data Support Officer – 1 position
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term for 1 year (Renewable)
Base Location: Leprosy Control and Disability Management Section (LCDMS), Teku Kathmandu
- Collect and report the data on rehabilitation to LCDMS and other entities of MoHP (Ministry of Health & Population) as and when required
- Coordination with the district health offices and province health directorates for the collection of leprosy related raw data for the compilation and analysis of national leprosy statistics
- Contribute to draft the rehabilitation module for HMIS referencing the already established modules such as leprosy and other established HMIS module of DoHs
- Support the LCDMS for preparing review meetings in LCDMS, and provincial review meetings and any other meetings in which LCDMS is presenting the updates on rehabilitation and disability.
- Coordinate with the HI referent on Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) , and Technical advisor on health and rehabilitation for any further support
- Support in daily administrative operations of LCDMS
- Coordinate with LCDMS partners and DoHS (Department of Health Services) and division/sections of MOHP as and when required
- Draft and disseminate meeting agendas, facilitate meetings and develop meeting minutes for LCDMS
- Ensure that adequate administrative procedures are met for the participants in LCDMS meeting such as prior invitation, attendance during the program and other provisions made for participants
- Coordinate with the IT department of EDCD to facilitate the publication of rehabilitation, disability and leprosy related updates on its website and social media
Qualification and Skills Required:
- A minimum Intermediate level with at least 3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Health , English or related field
- Well versed with the LCDMS guiding documents on the rehabilitation, disability and leprosy
- Knowledge on data base creation, handling and data analysis
- Aware on EDCD/LCDMS, Ministry of Health and Population administrative procedures and financial terms and conditions
- Writing skills (e.g. minutes taking , reports,)
- Experience in logistic arrangement for Meetings, Training and other similar events
- Knowledge on Rehabilitation for all ( Rehabilitation 2030)
- Organisation skills ( documentation, archiving)
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-point)
- Basic translation skills on documents ( Nepali- English- Nepali)
- English and Nepali typing skills
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to email@example.com no later than August 21, 2022. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process and reject any application without specifying any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates applying for a job with HI must be ready to comply with our Child Protection Policy, and Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment. HI Nepal has a zero tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the values and mission of HI, hence, all selected candidates are expected to adhere to these standards and principles.