Admin and Finance Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Vacancy in HCG!
Admin and Finance Officer-1
Himalaya Conservation Group Nepal is a non-governmental, non-profit organization dedicated to promote Himalayan environment conservation from local to regional level through field studies, research works, and implementation and advocacy of safe and sustainable development approaches focusing primarily on disaster and climate change framework, geo-disaster management framework, and research-based technology framework.
Himalaya Conservation Group (HCG), Nepal in support of Oxfam Nepal and co funded by European Union Nepal is implementing a three year program (2020-2023) “Enhancing CSOs roles as key development partners for climate resilient policies and practices” that is aimed to improve climate governance by strengthening Civil Society Organizations (CSO), ensuring the accountability of local government and enabling partnership for inclusive, and climate-sensitive actions. The project is being implemented to improve climate governance by strengthening CSOs ensuring the accountability of local government and enabling partnership for inclusive and climate-sensitive action. This action aims to strengthen the voices and meaningful participation of CSOs/CBOs representing women, youth, people with disabilities (PWDs), Dalit women, women with disabilities and particularly vulnerable groups in upstream and downstream communities (referred to as the ‘target groups’) in an enhanced system of climate governance. Thus, HCG is looking for qualified and committed personnel for following position for this project:
Position: Admin and Finance Officer
Job Period: 1 year (Project-based with possibility of extension)
Job location: Kathmandu
KEY OBJECTIVES OF POSITION:
- Ensure effective and efficient management and coordinate administrative functions in compliance with HCG Nepal’s financial policy, standard and procedure.
- Establish effective internal control in the financial management.
- Facilitate team in integrated financial planning, budgeting and monitoring in accordance financial guideline of HCG Nepal.
- Ensure standard record keeping and prepare & submit reports to stakeholders on time.
- Maintain high confidentiality of documents and information and take adequate measures for safety and security of documents, information and other resources.
- Facilitate administrative functions and provide necessary support to HCG team for smooth operation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare vouchers and enter in the books of accounts after obtaining proper approvals
- Prepare periodic Trail balance, bank reconciliation, income and expenditures, budget and expenses reports for each project.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial project reports under appropriate donors and activities
- Get all payment approved and prepare vouchers compiling supporting documents for auditing,
- Prepare advance request, travel authorization and settlement
- Comply with local tax laws,
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Keep track of Advance payment and clearances
- Report to Executive Director regarding the finances of establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Maintain, and analyze project budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare Monthly Account reconciliations and Quarterly project report electronically.
- Assist in procurement and developing internal control system.
- Maintain keeping inventories of fixed and consumables and physical count,
- Assist program coordinator in budgeting and cash flow projection,
- Monitor project site for internal audit, maintenance of proper books of accounts and fund management by implementing partners,
- Perform other duties as instructed by Supervisors.
- Master/Bachelor’s degree in Commerce. or have passed mid- level exam of professional accounting degrees (CA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
Knowledge & Skills
- Understand development issues
- Basic knowledge and skills in accounting/ MS Office
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge and skills on research methodology/statistics
- Ability to speak and write reports in English and Nepali language
- Competent in the use of computer
- Experience: At least 1 years’ experience in finance and administration
- Experience of working with NGO/INGOs will be given priority.
- Should live in Kathmandu and few field visit is expected.
Salary shall be negotiable based on the experiences and potentials and as per organization policy.
Please apply within 15th, June 2021 from the date of publication with CV, Application letter, copies of Citizenship and other credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org.