Admin and Finance Officer
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to children's education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 11 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing Aarambha [Girls Education Challenge (GEC)-Leave No Girl behind (LNGB)] Project supported by People in Need (PIN Nepal), with the financial aid of DFID in Bara and Rautahat district and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Bara and Chandranigahapur, Rautahat of Province 2.
- Position: Admin and Finance Officer- 1Nos
Duty Station: Chandranigahapur – (25% Travel to Kathmandu)
- Ensure that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures;
- Record the financial transactions and ensure that are authorized and have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements; and financial audits
- Prepare financial reports and statement as per requirement of donor and management and submit to Finance Manager
- Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revision
- Timely and accurate recording of all financial transactions in line with organizational and donor requirements and processing supplier invoices.
- Preparation of BRS and petty cash day book and report for any variances;
- Maintain consolidated register of capital assets and durable goods;
- Prepare monthly payroll and quarterly reconciliation with the report;
- Maintain HR records, including staff lists, staff files, time sheet and the leave register;
- Ensure timely deposit of TDS and CIT/PF and E filing of TDS as per provision of Income Tax Act is done in time.
- Ensure that staff insurance are done and are renewed in time.
- Check and ensure that all procurement process and expenditures of the project in accordance with the Donor procedure and organization procedure
- Support for development in the strong internal control system to safeguard the assets of the organization and optimum utilization of resources
- Support for conducting project audit, internal audit and statutory audit.
- Documentation/Filing and indexing of the all accounts records in an orderly manner including district records
- Carry out any other administrative/financial assignments as requested by the organization
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, business studies and/or commerce,
- At least 2 years’ experience in admin and financial sector.
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word and preferably Accounting Software is required.
- Prior experience in training would be an asset.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
Age Limit: Candidates between 18 years to 40 years are only eligible to apply for all the above positions.
Duration: Fixed term till December 2021(Annual contract basis with three months' probation period)
All employees must adhere to child safeguarding in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.
Ensure adherence to Aasaman Nepal's policies and internal procedures, protocols, Aasaman Nepal's code of Conduct with special attention to Child Protection and Do No Harm Policies.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with an updated CV within 15 days (by 29th Jan, 2021) via email at email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process. No telephone enquiry is entertained.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.