Admin and Finance Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Reconstruction and Research Development Centre, Nepal (RRDC) is a leading not for profit non-government organization in Karnali Region, established and registered in SWC in 2010 AD. RRDC has significant contribution to improve the lives of people through different interventions like Education, Health, Livelihood Enhancement, Advocacy, and Good Governance Promotion etc.
Currently, RRDC Mugu is implementing "Strengthening Food and Nutrition Security Resilience of Disadvantaged Population Group in Mugu and Bajura (SAMPURNA) Project with the technical and financial support from Welthungerhilfe Nepal. The project aims to strengthen resilience of disadvantaged population group through Good Governance Promotion, Agriculture and Value Chain Development and Nutrition Awareness.
To manage the project, RRDC is looking for highly dedicated and experienced Admin and Finance Officer for SAMPURNA project.
Position: Admin and Finance Officer (1) based in Khatyad Rural Municipality, Mugu
Duration: 9 months, possibility of extensions
- Ensure the smooth, efficient and accurate accounting function for smooth operation of program.
- Maintain project accounts.
- Keep track of expenses and other financial transactions, mainly involving expenses entry, tracking and record keeping.
- Review expenses and financial transactions to ensure it is compliance with organizational policy as well as donor compliance.
- Prepare invoice and write cheque for payment.
- Prepare financial report and submit to donor and RRDC Management on timely basis.
- Support project team in budget preparation and timely budget revision.
- Estimate monthly/quarterly cash needs and prepare fund request and submit to donor for timely release of fund.
- Identifies potential accounting and financial discrepancies and work with project coordinator/board member to effectively track and resolve these issue.
- Prepare budget vs expenses report and update program staffs on budget status, monthly, quarterly, annually.
- Payroll preparation of staffs.
- Deal with tax such as tax deduction and deposition
- Assist and facilitate for audit and prepare and submit audit response report as per the audit report.
- Assist in setting up the office space and liaise with property management to ensure rehabilitation are completed according to lease.
- Maintain staff personnel file.
- Perform general administrative duties such as organizing and maintaining office files and records, booking room for visitor as well as training, preparing agenda for meeting and taking meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and track project related travel and accommodations.
- Ensure that organization policy, as well as donor compliance, is well known by the project team.
- As per the Procurement plan go to procurement process through ensure organizational procurement policy, as well as donor policy, is in compliance during procurement of goods and service.
- Maintain an inventory tracking system and do periodic review of inventory and submit inventory reports to donors.
- Dispatch goods & material purchased under SAMPURNA project to project sites on timely manner
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Bachelor in Business Studies(BBS) or Bachelor in Business Administration(BBA)
- 5 years of working experience in INGOs/NGOs sector
- Have a good command in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 1-year experience in working with FAMAS (Financial and management accounting system) software.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadline
- Team building skill
- Good skill in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit the Motivation (Cover) letter and CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning the position applying for at the subject line. Please apply before 5:00 PM, 16th February 2020. RRDC is an equal opportunity provider. The recruitment process includes both written and interview tests, and selection will be made based on the position’s competency criteria scores.