Admin and Finance Coordinator
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is a national network of peace and human rights non-governmental organizations in Nepal. It started as a loose, informal forum in June 2001 and was registered with the government of Nepal as a nonprofit and non-political network in December 2002. Currently, COCAP has 43 member organizations. It has a secretariat in each of the provinces. It has a large number of volunteers who actively involve themselves in the various aspects of its works. COCAP aims to provide a common space for its members, volunteers and friends to collectively engage in the pursuit of peace, human rights and justice in Nepal. It organizes national/provincial level campaigns and programs on the issues of conflict transformation and peace building, transitional justice and social security/protection in coordination with its member organizations and other like-minded organizations.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is a national network of 43 peace and human rights non-governmental organizations from 29 different districts of Nepal. It started as a loose, informal forum in June 2001 and was registered with the government of Nepal as a non-profit, non-political network in December 2002. It aims to provide a common space for its members, volunteers and friends to collectively engage in the pursuit for peace, human rights and justice in Nepal.
COCAP seeks application from qualified and result oriented candidates for the following position:
Admin and Finance Coordinator
|Employer||Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP)|
|Location||National Secretariat, Kathmandu|
|Contract period||One year with possibility for extension|
- Work as the head of admin/finance department
- Supervise admin/ finance staffs under the position
- Design and prepare overall budget plan of monthly, annual budget, analysis of administrative cost, preparation and it’s sharing to project.
- Ensure COCAP’s Administrative and Finance Policies are followed properly
- General financial recording, book keeping using SAHAJ accounting software
- Ensure all payments made with proper financial procedures, supporting documents for expenses verification
- Maintain bank statement, bank reconciliation statement, ledger, etc.
- Prepare financial report for the board meeting/Annual General Meeting with problems and measures to be followed
- Provide assistance to the provincial secretariats in budgetary matters
- Prepare financial report including budget request for different donor and budget disbursement to provincial secretariats
- Preparation and payment of staff payroll, SSF, CIT and tax calculation on timely basis
- Ensure internal control measures are in place and are followed appropriately and also assist in all type of audit (Internal, donor, external) and support in task as assigned by the Manager and the board.
- Ensure proper logistic and procurement arrangements as per need
- Make agreement/contract papers as per need
- Keep records of attendance and leave of staff
- Maintain individual profiles of staff
- Master’s degree in Management, Finance or related field
- At least four years of relevant work experience preferably within an I/NGO environment
- Excellent skills in managing administrative and accounting standards
- Excellent skills in handling accounting software and office packages
- Excellent skills in financial strategy development and implementation
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Nepali languages
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and supervise staffs under the position
- Excellent time management/ multitasking skills
- You are a citizen of Nepal
Please submit your complete application (cover letter, CV with names and contact details of two referees) with the position’s name clearly mentioned as subject by e-mail to email@example.com. Please, also indicate your salary expectation. Deadline for the application is January 23, 2021.
Women, Dalits, Janajatis, Madhesi people, people with disabilities, other minorities and COCAP volunteers are especially encouraged to apply