Admin and Documentation Assistant- Future Program
Detailed Job description / requirements:
“A world where every child is educated, safe and loved” Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj is non-profit NGO based in Surkhet, Nepal. We have a growing project that provides support for backward and disadvantaged children, families and communities in Nepal. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. We strive to create an organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident and self-sufficient adults. We aim to serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. Our programs include residential children’s home, women’s empowerment center and family development & of course our beloved school. Through our Kopila Valley School we have been providing special support to Children as free education, health treatment and medicine, foods, school uniform, educational materials & transportation including parental support. With our innovative Futures program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance, scholarships and the skills required to enter the world as global citizens and ambassadors for change. We do this with our funding partner BlinkNow Foundation and in close ties with the local community.
Admin & Documentation Assistant- Future Program:- KVSS is looking for an energetic, skilled admin & documentation assistant who will support Futures career counselor in documentation and administrative capacity. He/She should be able to manage office files and documents providing efficient and effective administrative and general office documentation support. This position is for young, energetic new learner and qualification expected to have minimal documentation skills, excellent time management, and strong communication skills. He/She should have a high degree of integrity and must be reliable. This role requires a desire to learn & offers exciting growth opportunities. This is a full-time position & strong candidates will play a long term role in Kopila Valley.
Details of the Position and requirements
|Position||Admin and Documentation Assistant- Future Program|
|Educational Qualification||+2 in any faculty (Management/Social Science) and Bachelor running is
|Experience||2 year experience in a similar role|
|Language||Fluent in English, Nepali |
|Location||Birendranagar-4 Surkhet, Nepal|
|Contract||1 year; full-time (option for renewal)|
|Probation ||3 Months|
|Benefits||Competitive Salary benefit with, Festival allowance, SSF, On-site meals|
|Nationality||Nepali citizens only|
- +2 in Management and other disciplines.
- 2 years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office package, email/internet, setup Google calendar/met, slack and others.
- Sense of confidentiality, willingness to learn new skills and new approach.
- Fluency in written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Require time-management skills; interpersonal and communication skills; flexible scheduling.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility when dealing with changing priorities
- Excellent organizational & prioritizing skills with the ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a team or independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- In-depth understanding of the Organization or office they work in.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Strong integrity and confidentiality
- A pleasant and friendly personality is critical in this position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and manage the general filing system and file all correspondence.
- Assistant will help in documentation, accounting and other dealings related to the Futures Center.
- Direct phone calls and maintain contact lists
- To assist the Futures Program Coordinator during workshops and other activities conducted from the Futures Department
- Dedicate to the academic, personal and professional development growth of young adults
- Organize and lead activities to promote and develop opportunities for the young adults
- Create and motivate students with a positive learning environment
- Research on various academic, internship options and opportunities for the young adults
- Updating and maintaining an electronic filing as well.
- Scanning, photocopying and storing files and documents.
- Organize files and documents with a view to maintaining the office filing system
- Maintain the office achieve, making sure files are properly stored and easily accessible; safe keeping of documents.
- Establish and maintain a records system of file movement within the office; maintenance of the office circulation and reading files.
- Prepare correspondence and reports related to registry activities.
- Receipt, registration, coding and forwarding of incoming correspondence to career counselor.
- Ensure the accuracy and timelines of the documents being submitted to the concerned person.
- Responsible for monitoring and safekeeping of office documents.
- Communicate between the Career counselor and other students.
- Support to maintain proper coordination between the Futures and other programs.
- Regular coordination and understanding with the accounts department.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Organization.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their recent updated CV and cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position at firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 Jan 2021. The candidates should indicate their expected salary in the application. For the further information and details JD can request through HR@kopilavalley.org and phone 083-412230. Shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. Please mention the title of the position on the subject of the email while applying.