WASH Technical Officer : Detail
Woman and candidates from marginalized castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
- Company: Medair
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur
- Full Time / Contract
- 3+ years
- B.E. in Civil
- Bijulikot, Ramechhap
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Develop designs, plans, technical specifications, bill of quantities of latrines as per approved standards by the Nepal Government bearing in mind the SPHERE standards as a minimum.
Establish and oversee the implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; track overall progress and work plans, and control the quality of the final construction outputs as per donor and user community expectations.
Regular monitoring of latrine construction activities to ensure that all the activities are executed as per design, specifications, costs and work schedule.
Organise, supervise, monitor and assist the implementation of water, hygiene and sanitation interventions of the programme, with emphasis on community capacity building on WASH topics, as well as WASH hardware components, according to programme description, quarterly and annual activity plan, budget and national standards.
Demonstrate experience in using community-based and participatory approaches and tools (SLTS/CLTS, KAP/FGD/KII/PDM survey etc.).
Training and awareness raising activities
- Identify training needs of community members involved in water, hygiene and sanitation interventions and develop and implement training plans.
- Work closely with Shelter technical staff, to design training, sensitization and orientation session and training regarding the operation and maintenance of water supply and sanitation facilities.
- Take part in the selection, designing, developing, dissemination and evaluation of appropriate IEC (Information Education Communication) /BCC (Behaviour Change Communication) hygiene material for effective hygiene promotion in the target area in close integration with shelter activities.
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH activities.
- Provide technical and professional support to Sub-Engineers/Social mobilizers of local NGO partner on hygiene and sanitation matter for implementation at VDC level.
Communication and Coordination
- Represent Medair at relevant local level coordination meetings involving local authorities, and other I/NGOs.
- Coordinate and liaise with relevant team members to ensure all objectives of the WASH program are met.
- Facilitate the process of capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, good practice as lesson learnt, case studies and progress reports related to WASH.
- Local procurement of construction materials in co-ordination with the Logistics Officer.
- Keeping records of consumable items and equipment used
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, environmental sanitation, sanitary engineering or other relevent disclipline, Masters degree will be preferred.
- Atleast 3 years of professional WASH work experience which includes atleast one year work experience in rural area.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft work, excel, powerpoint, Outlook, AutoCAD
- Experience working with different computer software package in engineering field will be added value.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Nepali languages.
- Enthusiastic, compassionate, self motivated, team player, enjoys challenges, good interpersonal skill
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage personal stress level.
- Respectful, accountable and honest
- Desire to serve the most vulnerable in agreement with Medair's value in rural area of Bijulikot VDC in Ramechhap in basic living condition.
NOTE: Please go through this link https://goo.gl/y6fvJW to fill out the form to apply for the position. You are not required to send your CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment.