WASH & DRR Officer : Detail
- Company: Tuki Association Sunkoshi
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Sindhupalchok
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Tuki Association Sunkoshi is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working rigorously with different development partners in Sindhupalchok district. It has been working in the district since 25 years in the field of Education, Health & nutrition, protection, DRR, Reconstruction, Livelihood, SHUSASAN, protection and Infrastructure Development in collaboration with different partner organizations.
It has been implementing Education programs coordinating and co- partnering with Unicef.Now Tuki is implementing Education program under “Emergency Education Response For Nepal-Sindhuaplchok”project. At present, this project needs qualified and experienced Nepali Citizen for the following position:
Skills and qualification:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in DRR and WASH related field, Environment Science background preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the WASH and DRR sector of which 1 years in humanitarian/development agencies
- Should be a team player and have good managing skills.
- Good knowledge on School based WASH and DRR in Resilience
- Experience in WASH and DRR Rigorous Social mobilization with Simulation works
- Good ability in Education Stakeholder Coordination
- Knowledge of School Based WASH, DRR Resilience Planner will also be an asset
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and good communication skills
- Intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel in particular).
- Ability to facilitate trainings and workshops for School and community people
- Willing to work in humanitarian program and to travel to remote & difficult areas.
WASH & DRR Officer's job purpose in the targeted project locations is for overall management, coordination and to provide technical input in implementation of WASH and DRR in Education project.
Post holder reports to: Project coordinator of Tuki Association Sunkoshi
Key responsibilities in Program Implementation
- Support on efficiently implement the School based WASH and DRR programme through proper planning, management, supervision and support
- Monitor and supervise the implementation of the planned interventions by the WASH and DRR team, involving communities and local authorities in the activities as appropriate.
- Maintain regular communication with Tuki and ensure that information areprovided to the donor agency as per request
- Flow relevant information to the donor agency and project teams as required and appropriateness
- Regularly coordinate with Program team government authorities such as Ward municipality, municipality, WSSDO,DEO, Local Education authorities ,DDRC, DCC and relevant departments.
- Participate in relevant meetings with the local and district authorities, cluster meetings or other relevant technical groups at field level
- Work with SMCs, PTA,RPs, government stakeholders and other related stakeholders.
- Conduct need assessments of WASH and DRR activities
- Conduct Drill, simulation of DRR and Hand Washing activities in Schools
- Know perfectly, respect and ensure strict compliance with the National Education goals and planning for DRR and WASH activities
- Ensure WASH and DRR activities are ongoing smoothly and as per plan and standards
- Ensure hygiene promotional activities, KAP surveys, School surveys are carried out to improve key hygiene behaviors , Hazard Mapping, Risk mitigation Plan and Update SIP for the mitigation of DRR activities
- Systematically assess the quality of work and its impact, whether completed or not, and if necessary request Line manager to make changes to ensure that quality standards (national, Tuki and Sphere in humanitarian contexts) are met.
- Ensure project documentation of each activities
- Ensure key commitments with communities are achievable and respected
Applications are invited from Nepali citizen and needed to apply with cover letter and updated CV by 21st April, 2018 via email in email@example.com.
Due to the urgency of the project, selection process may start before the deadline therefore, we encourage applicant to apply as soon as possible.
Only the short listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or an interview.