Research And Training Officer : Detail
- Company: NEMAF
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: RESEARCH AND TRAINING OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
- The R&T Officer position has been established in line with the need for a strong institutional response to implement and coordinate the project activities at Central and District Level Offices. Commitment to the Result-based Monitoring and Evaluation (RBME) Framework in particular and Project Cycle Management (PCM) in general is the primary role of R&T Officer.
- The R&T Officer will ensure knowledge management through courses and training and context analysis to obtain the envisioned results.
- The R&T Officer will provide additional responsibilities of providing technical support to District Offices in the areas knowledge management and other identified as and when required.
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Research and Training Officer is expected to support the project in all research and training related activities through ensuring efficient implementation of research and data analysis processes and systems in the office. The R&T Officer will be in‐charge of conducting various types of governance related research through data analysis, questionnaire design, maintain the network of outside consultants / researchers and provide technical input and support on the day‐to‐day works related to research and assessment.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide technical input on research and assessment works
- Conduct various types of research (quantitative and qualitative)
- Conduct and prepare quick study and case studies
- Designing / preparing of research plan, questionnaire/ reports and, tabulations
- Supervise and involve regular data collection through District Offices and Assistant R&T officer and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations for context analysis.
- Coordinate and oversee field interventions for data collection through interviews and focus group discussion (FGDs).
- Prepare research training materials, tools and train AR&T officers on conducting research and data analysis.
- Develop training manuals and contents for Immersion Course on Madhesh.
- Record, manage and circulate the information as context analysis for knowledge management and further processing in a safe and accessible way
- Analyse and discuss findings based on regular data analysis process.
- Provide technical support on evidence-based recommendations to the Project Coordinator.
- Support in conducting perception surveys and independent evaluation of the project (annual, mid-term and end-line).
- Support Project Coordinator in developing monthly newsletter.
- Share learning from context analysis process with the wider team and improve learning and sharing mechanisms in the project
- Support the Project Coordinator in the development of analysis, journal and technical papers as part of policy interventions as mentioned in Policy Framework or as and when required.
- The R&T Officer will report directly to the Project Coordinator.
- At least Bachelor Degree in the field of governance, local planning and development, social accountability, social development, social science or any other relevant subject matter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in research and training particularly in the field of governance and social accountability.
- Proven experience of field data collection and report writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of elements of good governance.
- Understanding of the current research trends and especially quantitative and qualitative research methodologies.
- Research tools, techniques and processes, data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Knowledge and experience in information sharing and dissemination for the purpose of lobby and advocacy.
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali and spoken in Maithili.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of cross-cutting issues, particularly GESI, Conflict Transformation, HRBA, IGG, Evidence-base and Feedback Loop and Anticorruption.
- Knowledge of participatory research methods, participation action and learning
- Experience of conducting research
- Experience of organising lesson-learning sessions
- Handling data through SPSS or such softwares
- Communication skills for presenting analysis findings
- Knowledge and experience of organisational capacity development.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Accountability tools applied by civil society and to be practiced by Duty Bearers.
- Case Study/Case stories preparation
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.