Project Officer : Detail
- Company: NEMAF
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: PROJECT OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
- The Project Officer position has been established in line with the need for a strong institutional response to implement and coordinate the project activities at Central and District Level Offices. Commitment to the Project Cycle Management (PCM) is the primary role of Project Officer.
- The Project Officer will ensure that all activities are comprehensively managed in line with best practice for Project Cycle Management and organization's commitment to management for results indicated in the project document.
- The Project Officer will provide additional responsibilities of providing technical support to District Offices (DO) in the areas identified as and when required.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Day to day management of the process and paperwork required for the various activities mentioned in Annual Work Plan and Budget (AWAB). This will include active participation in the implementation, supervisory and appraisal of the activities at DOs in accordance with results based management, as well as the monitoring of activities, reporting and follow-ups.
- Participate in regular field implementation and generate reports and evidences of the activities following each field visit
- Preparation of case studies/case story based on the evidences as demanded by the Result-based M&E Framework of the project document.
- Preparation of reporting materials for internal accountability processes (quarterly and annual reporting) in line with results based management and coordinate and support M&E Officer in this regard as well.
- Review and update the AWAB in consultation with Project Coordinator and in coordination with M&E Officer.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the development of analysis and technical papers as part of policy interventions as mentioned in Policy Framework or as and when required.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project Coordinator for field visits, project payments and updates.
- The Project Officer will report directly to the Project Coordinator.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Governance, Local Planning and development, social accountability, social development, social science or any other relevant subject matter.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project implementation in governance sector both at central and local level and in particularly Madhesh/Terai.
- Proven experience of working on project cycle management including developing Annual Work Plan and Budget for Central and District Offices and support in M&E and information management.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of participatory planning process, local governance and development, social accountability, inclusive change and social actions.
- Hands on experience in strengthening and capacity building activities in the above specified areas.
- Knowledge and experience of the operating policy framework for central level advocacy.
- Knowledge and experience of managing regional or district offices.
- Proven experience in the role of civil society (Demand Side) and duty bearers (Supply Side) in promoting good governance and accountability.
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali and spoken in Maithili.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience of mainstreaming cross-cutting issues, particularly GESI, Conflict Transformation, HRBA, IGG, Evidence-base and Feedback Loop and Anticorruption.
- Knowledge and experience of organisational capacity development.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Accountability tools applied by civil society and to be practiced by Duty Bearers.
- Experience of the contribution of civil society to Governance, Accountability and Improved Service Delivery.
- RBME including the generation and analysis of survey data.
- Case Study/Case stories preparation
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.