Project Engineer for HVAP : Detail
- Company: Kantipur Management Pvt. Ltd.
- Industry: Consulting
- Address: Naxal-1, Nagpokhari, Kathmnadu, Nepal
- Engineering - Agriculture
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- B.E. in Agriculture
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Our Client, High value agriculture project in hill and mountain areas is an undertaking of Ministry of Agriculture Development (MoAD) with the financial support of International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD).This is a six and half-year project and is being implemented since February, 2011 in six districts of Mid Western Development Region (Jumla, Kalikot, Dailekh, Surkhet,Salyan and Jajarkot ) and one district of Far Western Development Region (Achham). MoAD is the Executing Agency with overall project implementation responsibilities. Netherlands Development Organization (SNV) Nepal and Agro-Enterprise Center (AEC/FNCCI) are the implementing partners. HVAP is a market-led agriculture development project that supports to the producers and market operators through different facilities to address critical constraints within the selected value chains.
Position: Project Engineer
Duration: Rest of the project period
Duty station: PMU, Surkhet with frequent visits to project districts
Roles and Purpose of the Assignment:
The Project Engineer will be mainly responsible to facilitate implementation of the project’s component 1- Inclusive Value Chain Development, particularly the physical infrastructural activities under subcomponent (i) Value Chain Fund, (ii) Sector Development Fund, and (iii) Spatial Inclusion Fund. S/he will be responsible for providing technical supports and backstopping to the participating beneficiaries in providing services on design, estimate, quality check-up, monitoring, supervision, and related services. S/he will work closely with the High Value Agriculture Production Specialist (HVAPS) of the HVAP.
Academic Qualification and Work Experiences
- Bachelor degree in Civil or Agri-engineering with at least 5 years experience (3 years for women candidate) in the related field or Masters degree in Civil or Agri-engineering with at least 3 years of experience (1 year for women candidate) in related field or higher degree in related field.
- Experience in design, estimate, monitoring, supervision, quality check-up of physical infrastructural activities.
- Good spoken and written skill in both English and Nepali and possess good skills in report writing
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with range of institutions, and good computer skills
For this position there will be initial contract for one year with a probation period of six months. The annual contract will be extendable up to the project period based on satisfactory performance in the preceding contract.
Salary and benefits will be as per the rules and regulation of HVAP.
Preferences will be given to women candidates and candidates from disadvantaged groups/areas (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, Backward/HVAP Districts).
ToR (including salary and benefits), you can find detail TOR form this link (Click hare to find detail TOR). The applicant needs to submit cover letter, C.V. and self attested copies of required testimonials compulsorily. The application should be submitted to the following address. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.