MIS Specialist : Detail
- Company: Kisankalagi Unnat Biu-Bijan Karyakram (KUBK)
- Industry: Government
- Address: Bijulibazar, Kathmandu
- Information Technology
- 2+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference- (ToR)
Management Information System (MIS) Specialist
Position: MIS Specialist
Duty station: PMO, Butwal with frequent visits to Programme districts and areas
Mode of contract:
There will be an initial contract for one year with a probation period of three months. The annual contract will be extendable up to the Programme period based on the availability of funding and on satisfactory performance in the preceding contract.
Roles and Purpose of the Assignment:
The MIS Specialist will be based in the PMO and report directly to the Program Manager or designated personnel from Program Manager. His/her primary responsibility will be to establish the rapid, efficient system of information management related to the Program activities including grant disbursement in close coordination with the M&E and KM officer. He/she will develop and implement appropriate information collecting tools and procedures and provide MIS training to the field level staff and beneficiaries as appropriate. Specific tasks will include:
- Work closely with PMO based component officials in designing the format for collection all Program related data from districts and PIU
- Design the inter-linked electronic system of MIS for PMO and districts and work together with PMO team in designing the MIS so it will be more informative and include all data required by the project
- Develop system for security of MIS and computer system, data of Program district, and provide periodic and timely backup of all data of MIS
- Record all the information received from the districts and properly manage it with support from M&E and KM Officer
- Ensure the validity and accuracy of the collected information and security of the data and system
- Train PMO and PIU based staffs in MIS
- Collect and compile information related to Program from districts including from line agencies, stakeholders and support M&E and KM Officer in preparing periodic reports
- Visit districts to ensure the user friendliness of the MIS and train them as required
- Work in all information collection, recording and report preparation under guidance of Component Officials and M&E and KM officer
- Regularly update Program website
- Collect necessary information from district to develop Case/Success Study
- Support component officials in collection, compilation and analysis of the information as per the requirement of project Program document
- Undertake any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Project Manager (PM) or as per need of the Program
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Management Information System or equivalent in computer application
- At least 2 years of professional experience, primarily in development programs
- Knowledge of information software would be a strong advantage
Preferences will be given to:
Candidates from disadvantaged groups/areas (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, Backward/ISFP Districts)
Benefits and Remuneration:
The salary of the MIS Specialist, per person per month, will range from NRs. 65, 000 to NRs. 70,000.00 subject to be negotiable within this range, and to be finally decided by the Program Manager, KUBK-ISFP. Tax on the salary will be as per the government Income Tax Rule.
The MIS Specialist will get travel, daily allowances and hotel expenses during their field visits as per the GoN rule, as applied.
The Livestock Coordinator will be provided 18 days of home leave and 6 days of casual leave annually, which will not be carried on for next year. They will also be provided 12 days of sick leave per year, but will not be carried on for the next year if not spent.In addition the technical experts will also be provided with Mourning Leave – 15 days, Maternity Leave -2 months for women (15 days for men, for maternity care leave) and all public holidays.
Supervision of the experts and Administrative Control:
The MIS specialist will be administratively accountable and under the direct supervision of Program Manager. The expert will be controlled administratively (such as approval of leave and travel, evaluation of performance etc.) by the Program Manager or designated personnel of the PMO.
Applicants are requested to apply through Electronic Recruitment System (ERA) www.rollingplans.com.np/KUBK by June 17, 2018 (Sunday) before 17:00 hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process.