Manager– BIC : Detail
- Company: Fair Trade Group Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Jhamsikhel
- Administrative / Management
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Fair Trade Group Nepal (FTGN)
Terms of Reference for Manager (BIC)
Fair Trade Group (FTG) Nepal is a consortium of fair trading organizations in Nepal. It seeks to promote the advancement of the socio-economic status of underprivileged and marginalized producers across the country. It was formally registered as a non-trading not for profit an NGO in 1996. Member organizations of FTG Nepal are involved in supporting producers and raising awareness towards influencing change in the international trade regime. At present, more than 10,000 underprivileged producers and 45,000 producers are directly and indirectly benefiting through FTG Nepal and its members.
Fair Trade Group Nepal in partnership with Oxfam Nepal has been implementing “Sustainable Livelihoods Support for the Earthquake Affected Families in Nepal” since 2016 in five earthquake-affected districts namely Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu. The project aims to improve market access of earthquake affected men and women producers and FTGN members. Among several interventions of the project, "Establishment of Business Incubation Centre (BIC)" has been identified as one of the major activities that will facilitate small and micro entrepreneurs to start their businesses by providing office space, business development support, training and coaching for skill enhancement, as well as various networking opportunities.
Objectives of BIC:
The main objectives of this center is to improve the psycho-social and physical wellbeing of earthquake affective families by strengthening their livelihoods and reducing poverty. The specific objectives are:
- Foster micro and small enterprises by providing comprehensive and embedded services to potential entrepreneurs in earthquake affected districts.
- Provide needed mentoring, business development services and networking opportunities
- Provide marketing, finance and other operational support to take off the business
- Network with university, financial institutions, district chambers of commerce and industries and other business associations for sustainable management and operation of the BIC
Position: Manager– BIC
Work Unit: Programme
Reports to: Team Leader
Coordinates with: All Management unit andOfficers, FTGN Executive Board and FTGN-MOs
Duty Station: Head Office (Jhemsikhel, Lalitpur)
Job Summary: The Manager – BICwill be responsible for planning,implementation, management and coordination of the activities related toBIC. S/he will be assisting the Team Leaderin planning, establishing and operation of BIC, promotion and marketing and other administrative functions.S/he will also be responsible for establishing networks with key stakeholders, like minded organizations and Government bodies in order to ensure the establishment and smooth operation of BIC.
- Organize interaction meeting with stakeholders to explore partnership with the organisation
- Support to registration of Fair Trade Business Incubation Centre (FT-BIC) to ensure the establishment of an institution for its sustainability. Preparation of the relevant documents required for smooth operation of BIC including preparation of Article of association (Prabandha patra), Article of Memorandum (Niyamawali) and business plan with working modality.
- Establishment and operation of Fair Trade Business Incubation Centre by supporting in pphysical facilities/office set-up (furniture and office equipment, desktop computer/notebooks, printer and other accessories), space renting support, utility cost etc.
- Promotion and marketing of FT-BIC will be done through development of market communication materials and tools. In the process, brochure/leaflets and curriculum (as per the product and value-chain/sub-sector analysis) will be developed, around 1000 in total; marketing and communication tool will be produced to outreach a wider audience.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning and implementation
- Prepare implementation plan of the BIC in line with the approved proposal and the budget along with the project team and in consultation with the Team Leader.
- Prepare and review plan schedule to ensure smooth implementation of BIC activities
- Prepare and submit monthly plan of action to the Team Leader
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and ensure a routine monitoring schedule of BIC activities, collect information, analyze and prepare report based on the agreed/approved formats provided by FTGN
- Revise activity plans on a regular basis in coordination with the Team Leader
- Provide technical assistance, suggestions and feedback regarding strategies and approaches applied during establishment and operation of BIC.
Coordination, liaison and Networking
- Maintain effective coordination and communication with key stakeholders for sustainable management and operation of BIC.
- Liaise and coordinate with different I/NGOs, government agencies for collaboration and partnership as well as exchanging ideas and sharing of information and lessons learned
- Explore the opportunity to build networks with national and international organization for smooth operation and sustainable management of BIC.
Strengthening the capacity of BIC
- Prepare marketing and communication tools to enhance the services of BIC
- Use different forms of marketing and communication channels to outreach the operation and success of BIC to wider audiences.
- Verify all bills and expenses related to BIC
- Ensure all procurement of materials and equipment are as per procurement policy
- Regularly supervise the materials and equipment of BIC and ensure they are used and kept well.
- Other administrative work, as required.
- Attend meetings & workshop and represent the organization at national and international fora,
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Team Leader.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least Bachelor's degree in Business studies, Management, Marketing or other relevant subject.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in the area of business planning and promotion, market study/analysis,business plan and development.
- Leadership Capability with good interpersonal skills
- High drive for results
- Understanding the concept of BIC, Business Outlet and promotion will be an asset
- Excellent language skills – English / Nepali
- Good computer skills
- Good communications skills
Interested candidates are requested to send their application letteralong with CV, contact details of 2 referees , clearly mentioning the title of position applied in the subject line of the email by 26 January 2018 to email@example.com/or directly drop at Fair Trade Group Nepal, Secretariat at Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur, Nepal (Opposite to British School, Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur)