GESI Officer - Nepal : Detail
- Company: Christian Aid
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Lalitpur
- Full Time / Contract
- 2+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Christian Aid (CAID) is a UK and Ireland-based development and humanitarian organisation addressing poverty and responding to emergencies since 1945, currently working across 37 countries, supporting the poor and marginalised people irrespective of their beliefs, sexuality, gender and ethnicity. CAID believes in Partnership for Change. With the help of our supporters and partners, CAID is determined to end poverty and injustice worldwide.
In Nepal, CAID is registered with Social Welfare Council (SWC) as INGO, is a member of Association of International NGOs (AIN) and ACT Alliance Nepal Forum. In the aftermath of the 2015 earthquake, CAID's humanitarian programme has progressively reached out to the most vulnerable people of the country in the earthquake affected districts of Gorkha, Dhading, Rasuwa, Sindhupalchowk, Dolakha, Kathmandu and Bhaktapur, and flood prone districts of Banke, Bardiya and Dang through programmes focused on Emergency Relief, Recovery, Early Warning, Disaster Risk Reduction, Protection, Clean Energy, Livelihoods, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Monitoring, strengthening the community resilience and aiming for long term sustainable development.
About the role
The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Officer will be responsible for CAID's gender, inclusion and protection related programme activities in Nepal. The GESI Officer will proactively design and integrate GESI in the Nepal country programme. With support from Programme Manager and GESI Advisors, s/he will build the GESI portfolio of CAID and partners in Nepal. This role is key to delivering effective GESI programme outputs and ensuring compliance to GESI programme quality standards.
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level or equivalent.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Nepali.
- Knowledge of global as well as gender mainstreaming, inclusion and protection mainstreaming issues relevant to the country.
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills.
- Minimum 2 years of experience of working with PwDs, Older People, vulnerable and marginalised communities in a development and/or humanitarian settings.
- Ability to build relationships, including cross cultural relationships.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, to use discretion and show good judgement.
- Experience of working in a high pressured and changeable working environment and working to tight deadlines with multiple and complex priorities. Demonstrable adaptability and creativity.
- Intermediate level of computer literacy.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and international standards including SPHERE, Minimum Standards for Age and Disability Inclusion in Humanitarian Action, the Red Cross Code of Conduct for NGO's working in emergencies, Core Humanitarian Standard, Accountability and Do No Harm.
- This position is open to Nepali nationals only.
- Professional experience of working with an international NGO and/or Government of Nepal.
- Experience of conducting academic research independently or with a research organization/institute.
We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
To apply for this post and download detailed role profile logon to: Christian Aid Jobs by uploading a statement of interest showcasing your interest in and suitability for the position, along with updated resume by or before 5 PM of 31st July 2018 and complete the online application process.
Please note that CVs through email will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 31st August 2018, please assume your application was unsuccessful.