Finance Officer : Detail
- Company: APEIRON
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Baluwatar
- 1+ years
- B. Com./BBS
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Project Background: This project is designed to support the Livelihood recovery of returnees and internally displaced people after earthquake in Nepal.
Position: Finance Officer
Type of Employment: Contractual
Working Hours: 09:00 AM – 05:00 PM (Monday –Friday)
Salary: As per organization rule
Location: Kathmandu with frequent field visit to designated district of the project
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management with Finance, Account and Tax specialization with minimum 2 years of experience in relevant field preferably in NGO, INGOs or projects.
- Must possess excellent Financial, Accounting and Reporting skills
- Must have knowledge about prevailing Government Tax rule and should be able to make calculations complying with the rule
- Experience in managing Procurement and Logistical Procedures
- Must be open to field visits
- Extensive experience in administrative and financial management of the project
- Should possess knowledge of varied donor financial regulations
- Must be able to join in short notice
- Should possess excellent written and oral communications skill
- Should be computer literate with strong computer skills in MS Office and other relevant applications
Overall responsible for project financial management, with regular support to project manager and other project staff, in full adherence with donor compliances on finance.
- Produce financial summaries including analysis of variances for the Project Manager and team, and for donor reports as required. Work closely with the Project Manager to identify where changes to the budget may be required.
- Conduct regular finance overview of the project, including variance analysis to track project spending in line with stated activities and goals
- Maintenance of timely and accurate books of account (softcopy & hardcopy); ensuring that accounting systems are maintained in accordance with organizational policies and procedures, with Government and International Accounting Standards
- Coordination on preparation of management response in the queries and remarks pointed out by the auditors of different projects
- Prepare voucher, ensure proper budget coding write payment voucher and submit for approval Provide support to project team as and when required and to work as per the need of the project.
- Ensure proper recording of all financial approvals, invoices/receipts/bills and proper documentation of all expenditure
- Manage and safeguard invoices, cheque books, vouchers and financial documents
- Manage procurement processes, contacts with suppliers and contractors, and prepare payments and receipts
- Handle all petty cash expenses, and carry out periodic cash count
- Provide support in general administrative and clerical work as needed for the project
Qualified and Interested candidates are requested to send us their updated CV along with their expected salary at firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the Job position applied for on the subject line on or before 23 March, 2017.