Finance Clerk : Detail
- Company: IOM Nepal
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: 768/12 Thirbam Sadak, Baluwatar - 5
- Finance & Administration
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Vacancy Notice No: SVN#NP/24/17
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance Clerk
Position Required: 1 Position
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Type of Appointment:Three Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: December 19, 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of Senior Finance Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Review and ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers; verify invoices and ascertain that the equipment, supplies or services they refer to were duly received or provided before proceeding with payment request.
- Ensure proper filing of SAP documents.
- Provide support in getting VAT refund and online entry.
- Proper recording and filing of hard copy of financial documents.
- Ensure travel claim by staff follows correct DSA rate, exchange rate with all supporting documentation.
- Handle cashier function for Treasury and MHAC as needed.
- Keep record of phone bills and circulate to staff for tracking personal phone calls.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution with 1 year work experience on related field;Or
- Completed High School Degree with 3 years’ work experience in related field.
- Knowledge in financial and cash handling task.
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools.
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 19 December 2017. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
Posting period: From 06.12.2017 to 19.12.2017