Finance and HR Officer : Detail
- Company: Medair
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Jhamsikhel, Lalitpur
- Finance & Administration
- Full Time / Contract
- 1+ years
- BBA / BBM
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
- Carry out day to day accounting functions such as managing in-country cash, conducting reconciliation, payments to supplier, cash handling etc.
- Ensuring all financial transactions and documentations are carried out in accordance with the Medair guidelines and procedures and any donor requirements. Develop and maintain positive relationship with suppliers, local authorities, other NGOs and stakeholders.
- Prepare for and support internal and external financial audits, providing all information required by local legislation, donors, HQ or other bodies
- Work with line managers to ensure work-related records and documentation is kept according to programme procedures. This may include staff plans, attendance records, holidays, sickness, other absences, training records, insurance, pensions, other benefits, taxes, etc
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all transactions, that records are kept in an orderly and timely fashion and that the filing (archive) system is in line with Medair and donor requirements
- Work pro-actively to prevent potential loss or fraud in financial activities.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in management field, e.g. administrations.
- At least 1 year working experience in Finance and HR, preferably in I/NGO setting.
- Good English both spoken and written.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Willingness to work in, as well as outside the office.
- Proactive, self-motivated, enjoys a challenge and works hard to achieve objectives.
- Accurate, practical, open-minded, self-learner, team player with problem solving ability
- Can prioritize work to meet deadlines and handle work pressure