Field Officer : Detail
- Company: People in Need
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Kupondole
- Social Science
- 2+ years
- B. A. (Bachelors in Art)
- Gorkha, Rasuwa
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Place of assignment: Gorkha, Rasuwa, Nepal
Reporting to: Project Manager
Starting date: May 2017
People in Need (PIN) is an international non – governmental organization with headquarters in Prague, the Czech Republic. In its 20 years of history, PIN was working in over 40 countries in relief, development and human rights and democracy support projects. People in Need is a member of the Alliance 2015 – European NGO Network. For more information visit www.peopleinneed.cz. After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, PIN joined the emergency response to support the most affected communities in Nepal.
Field Officer is responsible for supporting local partner organizations in project delivery in VDCs, data collection, monitoring, coordinating with VDC level coordination mechanisms under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Support and monitor program delivery by local partner organizations;
- Participate in community mobilization for cash for work activities on trail rehabilitation works
- Conduct assessments and data collection in the field on VDC as well as household level in order to identify the beneficiairies´needs;
- Liase with VDC level coordination mechanisms and other agencies in the same areas of operation, ensure exchange of lessons learnt and good practices.
- Build rapport with targeted group, be able to represent PIN professionally and politely while in remote field sites.
- Compile field level reports
- Bachelors degree, or secondary education with at least 2 years of relevant work experience
- Work experience in rural and remote areas
- Experience with social mobilisation, participatory methods, cash for work schemes or disaster risk reduction mainstreaming preferred
- Experience with data collection preferred
- Outstanding communication skills in order to coordinate with local partners´teams and liase with local authorities
- Highly motivated and committed, with empathy and stress resilience
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Sound knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel
- Additional language proficiency (e.g. Gurung, Tamang, Tibetan dialects) preferred
- Competitive salary according to PIN scale
- Work in an international team
- On the job training and mentoring
Interested candidates please deliver your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th May, 2017. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Dalit and Janajati candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.