Fair Trade initiator (FTi) : Detail
- Company: Fair Trade Group Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Jhamsikhel
- Business Development
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Intermediate (10+2)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Job Title: Fair Trade initiator (FTi)
Number: 2 (for Kathmandu Valley)
Reporting to: Team leader, FTGN-Oxfam Project
Time Frame: June 2017 to October 2018
Fair Trade Group Nepal (FTGN), a non-governmental organization,seeks for qualified candidate for the position of Fair Trade initiator (FTi) for the 'Sustainable Livelihoods Support to the Earthquake Affected Families of Nepal'project. The project is being implemented in five districts namely Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu by the FTGN in partnership with Oxfam in Nepal. The Fair Trade initiator (FTi), Kathmandu Valley based, will provide support to project teamboth at project working areas and FTGN secretariat. S/he is expected to accomplish duties as assigned by the Team Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with earthquake affected, poor and marginalized social groups of Kathmandu valley to support start/revive their business for their sustainable livelihoods.
- Should be able to Interact, discuss and conduct regular monthly meeting independently with the groups formed under the project.
- Prepare group meeting minute and assist in record keeping of monthly saving and credit.
- Liaise and coordinate with local stakeholders and FTGN member organizations.
- Prepare monthly report of the field activities and ready to work on work pressure.
- Deliver required information and data within stipulated deadline.
- Must have learning attitude with team spirit working in multi-disciplinary team.
- Higher Secondary Education (12 grade passed) in any stream.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft office (primarily includes Word and Excel) is necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, organizational skills and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Proficiency in English and Nepali.
- Candidates from marginalized social groups (preferable women) from Kathmandu Valley are encouraged to apply.
- Possessing a two wheeler is an advantage.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and cover letter with expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26 May 2017.