District Coordinator : Detail
- Company: A Leading NGO
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
- Sapatari/ Siraha/ Dhanusha/ Mahottari/ Sarlahi
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: DISTRICT COORDINATOR- 5
Function of the position:
- The District Coordinator will primarily responsible for overall leadership, coordination and management of the project in the district.
- The major roles of DC will be to mobilize the community, train/orient community through REFLECT approach, support coordination with duty bearers on addressing gender/caste/ethnicity based discrimination and support the community mobilizers of the selected VDCs of the project district.
- The District Coordinator will provide additional responsibilities of providing technical support to Community Mobilizers (CM) and Duty Bearers in each of the project VDC in the areas identified as and when required.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Provide technical guidance to staff on community mobilization, local governance, social accountability, service delivery and community development activities
- Provide capacity building support to Community Mobilizers in the areas of local governance, inclusion, the local government planning process, social accountability, community strengthening and activities management
- Mobilize, supervise and monitor CM's activities implementation and performance to ensure compliance with project deliverables and approved work plans
- Coordinate and act as liaison to local bodies, CSOs and other stakeholders at the district and VDC levels
- Ensure the proper and effective implementation of activities at local level
- Read, verify and analyze CMs' monthly/ quarterly reports and compile them for Central Office quarterly reports
- Perform other duties as assigned to achieve project’s overall objectives.
- Support in carrying out any other related duties as required by his/her supervisors.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project team for field visits, project payments and updates.
- The District Coordinator will report directly to the Project Officer.
- At least Bachelor Degree in social science, governance and development or in relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the community mobilization for the NGOs or development sector at local level.
- Good knowledge and understanding of participatory planning process, local governance and development, social accountability, inclusive change and social actions.
- Hands on experience in strengthening and capacity building activities in the above specified areas.
- Knowledge and experience of carrying out lobby and advocacy, interaction sessions and workshops.
- Proven experience in mobilizing community (Demand Side) and duty bearers (Supply Side) in promoting good governance and accountability, conflict transformation, negotiations.
- A willingness to travel frequently to remote areas.
- Good written and spoken in English and Nepali and spoken in Maithili.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of issues such as GESI, Conflict Transformation, HRBA, IGG, Evidence-base and Feedback Loop and Anticorruption.
- Knowledge and experience of organisational capacity development.
- Knowledge and experience of Social Accountability tools applied by civil society and to be practiced by Duty Bearers.
- RBME including the generation and analysis of survey data.
- Case Study/Case stories preparation
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 17th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.