Consultant for Team Building Workshop Facilitation : Detail
- Company: DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: GPO Box 4844
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Full Time
- 10+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Consultant for Team Building Workshop Facilitation
DCA is a faith-based, non-missionary organization. We work for the poor, vulnerable and socially excluded communities and believe in life before death. Our everyday work with development and relief aid strives to help the oppressed, neglected and marginalized groups in our focus countries in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa to strengthen their possibilities of a life in dignity. In Nepal and Bangladesh, we are involved in several thematic areas with our work focusing on resilient livelihood, active citizenship and Disaster Risk Response, among others.
The DCA’s Staff Retreat will be held from 5-7 September 2017 in Rupakot Resort, Pokhara during which a Team Building Workshop will be featured for two days on 5 and 6 September.
Approximately 45 DCA staff will participate in the Team Building Workshop. The team members consist of Nepali, and Bangladeshi nationals.
In this backdrop, DCA is looking for a dynamic senior consultant to facilitate the team building and knowledge sharing retreat for all DCA personnel. The retreat should result in all participants having a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities, expected deliverables, outputs and strategic niches.
Objective and Purpose
The objective of the assignment is to facilitate and moderate a team building staff retreat, knowledge sharing and brainstorming workshop for DCA staff members.
Scope/Outcome of the Team Building Workshop (Activities, Deliverables/End Product)
The scope of the work will be to facilitate a two day team building exercise and to compile a report outlining the workshop's proceedings, including practical recommendations and operational tools which can be used by the team in the future.
- Preparation of team building retreat workshop (2 days)
- Interactive and flexible facilitation tools and material aids for brainstorming prepared prior to the workshop.
- Facilitate discussion to find out the capacity development needs of the DCA Staff
- Facilitate discussion and formation of recommendation on improving interpersonal communication skills (internal communications, external communications, and confidentiality) and team collaboration.
- Strengthen relationship of DCA staffs with no barriers on nationality, hierarchy, gender, age and languages.
- Enhance positive approach to personal and professional life.
- Have more awareness and know – how about effective team management.
- Engage team members to commit with organizational strategy and priority.
- Prepare and submit a retreat report with follow-up activities.
- Ensure that the personnel develop clear working arrangements for the effective delivery of the work plans and or duties and responsibilities outlined in their terms of references;
- Support the team in clarifying their respective goals and objectives with respect to the organization strategy;
- Facilitate sessions that would help identify those issues which may have the potential to inhibit the team from reaching its goals;
- Improve communication between managers and personnel;
- Identifying strengths and capacity needs of DCA staff and providing appropriate recommendations;
- Satisfying the expectations of DCA team for team building exercise.
The consultant is expected to design this process in consultation with Regional Human Resource and Admin Officer and assign periods to it.
Time Frame and Venue
The total duration of the course will be of two days. The assignment will run from 5 September to 6 September 2017 in Rupakot Resort, Kaski, Pokhara.
The consultant will be expected to travel to Pokhara together with DCA Staff on 4 September 2017. S/he will return back to Kathmandu on 7 September.
The senior level consultant should possess the following knowledge and skills.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Management or any relevant field. (20)
- 10 – 15 years of relevant professional experience (at national and international level), with a focus in designing and implementing a wide range of interactive methods to strengthen teams and improve communication in the workplace. Experienced in designing and conducting Leadership Development Programs at national and international forums. (20)
- Proven track record of facilitating team building and knowledge sharing workshops and consultancy experience. (15)
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills in English. (15)
- Cultural sensitivity and experience moderating meetings of culturally diverse and international groups. (10)
- Excellent rapport-building and analytical skills necessary for capturing the reviews and suggestions that will emerge from the interactive sessions during the exercise. (10)
- Prior experience with INGOs, and organization is an advantage. (10)
Please download the detailed TOR for submission of Proposal from the link http://www.asianart.com/bannersys/pictures/RFP.doc
Interested candidates should submit their Proposal and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant for Team Building Workshop Facilitation” by 17th August 2017 at the latest.