Consultant (field research) : Detail
- Company: Abt Associates Inc.
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Tokha Road, Mahadevtar, Kathmandu
- Consulting & Professional Services
- Full Time / Contract
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus project is Abt’s follow-on project to USAID’s flagship initiative in private sector health. In Nepal, SHOPS Plus is supporting Nepal CRS Company, a national social marketing organization, to increase the availability of and demand for priority family planning and maternal and child health (MCH) supplies.
SHOPS Plus is recruiting a consultant for a minimum of three months to support multiple research activities.
The position will ensure a functioning monitoring system in SHOPS Plus/Nepal research studies. The consultant is overall responsible for monitoring of pretest, training, and field implementation of SHOPS plus research studies. SHOPS Plus Nepal is seeking qualified Nepalese professionals for the following positions:
Position: Consultant (field research), short term- approximately 3 months, with possibility for extension dependent upon excellent performance
Department/Location: Research, Monitoring and Evaluation/ SHOPS Plus/Nepal Office, Kathmandu
Reports to: Director- Research, Monitoring & Evaluation
Supervision: All field research staff
Collaborative With: Different research firms; CRS Company; SHOPS Plus Nepal and US offices
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Setting up the system
- Work closely with RM&E Director, in leading the establishment of monitoring system in all research studies. In doing so (but not limited to):
- Review the Nepali version of questionnaires
- Review the training materials and guidelines
- Review the field implementation plan and protocols
- Monitoring of training and pre-test work
- Visit field sites to conduct monitoring of field interviewers, back checks.
Documentation and Reporting
- Prepare report of training/pre-test monitoring
- Prepare report of field monitoring/supervision
- Review training/field reports provided by research firms
- Provide continuous feedback on the status of training/testing/field work to the Director of Research, Monitoring & Evaluation, flagging potential problems for the Director’s input
- Support research firms to organize training for field interviewers
- Support research firms to conduct high-quality trainings, interviews, and back-checks in accordance with guidelines and protocols
- Represent SHOPS Plus/Nepal office and its values at the local level. Coordinate with research firms to smoothly implementstudies and share learning.
Job Specifications (minimum job requirements)
Education: minimum bachelor’s degree in public health/social science/statistics from a recognized university
Work Experience: Three years’ experience conducting health and social research at the field level plus BA/BS Masters Degree preferred.
- Relevant experience conducting survey field research
- Willing to travel to rural settings frequently
- Experience on CAPI system/data collection/supervision in tablet/mobile application
- Relevant experience in conducting training for field researchers
- Proven ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Nepali
Please send your resume, biodata form and cover letter to Sujan_Karki@abtassoc.com with “Research Consultant” in the subject line by October 23rd, 2017 5:00 pm.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and employee benefits.