Community Facilitator : Detail
- Company: Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Simikot, Humla
- Social Science
- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Intermediate (10+2)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal) is a non-profit making, non-political, and local non-governmental organization working for the empowerment and overall development of people with disabilities in the Himalayan region of Nepal. It is the only one leading and pioneering organization in the field of persons with disability in Humla district. In partnership with Mission East, HEAD Nepal is going to implement the project titled “Children and Hunger: reducing hunger and improving nutrition amongst the children with disabilities and other marginalized children in remote mountain villages of Humla”. In this regard, HEAD Nepalis seeking innovative, self-motivated and dynamic personnel for the following positions.
Positions: Community Facilitator
Based in field (VDCs of Humla).
Max. No: 5
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the overall community mobilization to implement the Nutrition program activities at VDC level.
- Provide facilitation and establish strong rapport with VDC stakeholders, and local people.
- Facilitate community meetings, dialogues, empowerment, and governance, and document evidence and lessons learned.
- Draft activity and other reports as per the project requirements.
- Participate in assessments, monitoring, and information and data collection activities.
- Support any other activities as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification and experience:
- Intermediate/10+2 in any discipline with passion to work with communities, including training and influencing local people is desirable.
- Candidates with ANM, Community mobilization, other technical education will be given additional preference.
- Good English and Nepali writing and speaking skills will be preferred.
- Other exceptional candidates with compatible experience will also be considered.
Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter, CV including at least 2 references and citizenship certificate by 4:00pm 28 February 2017 (17 Falgun, 2073). Applications can also be sent via email to: email@example.com or physically submitted to the office address below during working days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Head Nepal promotes workforce diversity and positive discrimination for the gender equity and social inclusion. Hence, applications from women, people with disabilities and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
(For more information about the organization and vacancy visit at www.headnepal.org)