Communications Coordinator : Detail
- Company: Association of International NGOs - AIN
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Airport Gate, Sambhu Marga
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
AIN seeks for a competent candidate for the position of ‘Communications Coordinator’ to lead the implementation process of AIN Communications strategy, and strengthen AINs visibility in the promotion of best development practices, and explore areas of collaboration to design, develop, and implement various campaigns and programs.
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Workplace: Kathmandu with the possibility of limited domestic travel
Reports to: The Communications Coordinator will report to the AIN Steering Committee representative to the Communications Working Group. For day to day activities s/he will report to, and work in close coordination with AIN Secretariat, and Communications Working Group.
Job Summary: The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for planning, development and implementation of AINs internal and external communications activities, and contribute in the profiling of AIN, and member organizations. The Communications Coordinator will also spearhead the long-term AIN Communications Strategy planning, research, and development process.
Knowledge, skill, attitude
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism, and Public Relations OR in Development Management
- At least three years’ experience in development communications, and sound experience of the development sphere in Nepal
- Profound understanding of internal and external communications
- A strategic and analytical thinker able to develop and manage a holistic and needs-based Communications Strategy
- Profound understanding of media tools, and experience in managing relationships with media – both national and local level
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Concept note development and basic fundraising skills
- Media monitoring, and media database management/development
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English
Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
- Support the AIN Secretariat to develop a meaningful communications mechanism/system to respond to AIN member organization needs;
- Identify opportunities to build AINs thematic expertise, and liaison with member organization to build AIN profile, and strengthen relation with the media;
- Technical lead in producing a range of internal and external reports/documents, visibility materials in close coordination with AIN Steering Committee Members (SCM) and the Communications Working Group;
- To implement the AIN Communications strategy in consultation with AIN Communications Working Group and AIN SC, particularly the SC liaison with the Working Group;
- Collaborate with media in content creation, and facilitate meaningful communications through regular press releases, press meets, and journalist interaction programs;
- Review AIN crisis communications strategy and conduct orientation programs for AIN members;
- Support SC to write quarterly op-eds, and monthly blogs on the development sphere of Nepal, thus supporting the AIN SC and the Communications working group;
- Content development for AIN website and social media
- Need-based outsourcing of video and print tasks, and ensure quality of submitted communications assignment by consultants.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants are required to submit a detailed cover letter, along with their updated CV. It is mandatory to submit three (3) references, and a brief plan of action to implement the AIN Communications Action Plan. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 26 APRIL 2017. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interviews. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.