Business Development Officer : Detail
- Company: Oxford policy Management
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: 30/31 jitjung marg, thapathali, kathmandu
- Business Development
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
NBD/NEP/BDO - Business Development Officer
OPM in Nepal is currently looking for a confident Bid Administrator. Reporting to the Deputy Director, this position will play a key role in identifying, cultivating and engaging a range of stakeholders, from opportunity identification to supporting bid submission.
The role’s main accountabilities will be:
- Developing relationship and networking with prospective Multilateral/Bi-lateral/International Donors/Development Agencies/National Agencies both at Central and States levels, for upcoming project opportunities
- Providing oversight and business intelligence on prospects/opportunities/leads in pre-EOI/RFP phase and contribute towards acquisition of new projects
- Market analysis, strategic planning and branding OPM as the right and preferred partner
- Planning, organising, co-ordinating and monitoring preparation of bids with the central bid team, from EOI to contract negotiations.
The Business development Officer will also have to:
Identify and monitor opportunities:
- Pro-actively researching potential procurement opportunities and/or identification of target accounts for OPM’s potential interest.
- Identifying new sub-contractors and project staff, managing resourcing through the Consultants Database and developing a tracker of interactions IO has with external stakeholders
- Identifying and developing and monitoring programme business opportunities, working in collaboration with field teams and other departments
Develop and articulate strategic approaches and partnerships:
- Building focused and effective relationships with prospective and existing clients
- Identifying new partners that will enhance and expand our programmes
Support and enhance an effective bidding process:
- Collaborating with the Bidding Team to provide effective requisite support in the bidding process including preparation of bids submissions
- Responsible for ensuring that acquisition policies and procedures for Nepal Office are implemented successfully to quality and time and in accordance to company-wide processes
- Owns OPM Nepal Office bids folder including updating this with documents from fresh bids
- Work closely with the Bid, Project Support and Project Management for timely updates and inputs
- Review and update applicable procedures – both technical and financials - as required.
- Undertaking background research, document search and data collection for any bids relevant to the company’s business
- Managing data to ensure its timely availability, integrity, confidentiality and security.
To be successful in this role, you will need
- MBA/MPA or MPP in subjects relevant to the position
- A minimum of five years working in business development and client management within the international development sector
- Experience in developing relationship-building strategies and implementing plans to achieve them
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy/recommendations to senior management
- Experience of acquisition, particularly familiarity with international, large domestic and Government agencies
- Exceptional research, writing and communication skills, with high levels of attentiveness to broad audiences
- Proven success in writing or supporting the creation of winning proposals
- Excellent presentation skills with high-level organisation ability
- Proven ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure, and meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of procurement procedures for different agencies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Package, undertaking research and strong research skills (ability to identify and use appropriate research tools and sources including the use of academic libraries).