Assistant Finance and Admin Officer : Detail
- Company: NGO
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Kupandol-1, Lalitpur
- Finance & Administration
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT FINANCE AND ADMIN OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
The Assistant Finance and Admin Officer will be responsible for assisting the Finance and Admin officer in carrying out day-to-day office financial management and administrative functions, including the provision of logistical support and handling account and office supplies.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Support Finance and Admin Officer in day-to-day financial administration.
- Handle organization's petty cash account and manage petty expenses for office;
- Assist the Finance and Admin Officer in carrying out daily administrative functions and activities
- Coordinate with the insurance company on staff’s medical expenses claim;
- Manage and coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international), i.e. ticketing, transportation and hotel accommodations;
- Handle the management of office supplies, including registration, issue and maintain an up-to-date inventory register;
- Provide administrative and logistics support for office meetings, workshops/seminars, including taking minutes of staff/team meetings;
- Supervise and manage activities concerned with tidiness of office equipment and other office operations related tasks;
- Carry out any other related duties as required by his/her supervisors.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project Coordinator for field visits, project payments and updates.
- The Assistant Finance and Admin Officer will report directly to the Finance and Admin Officer.
- At least Bachelor in Business Studies or relevant field
- Minimum of a year of experience in the NGOs or development sector.
- Understanding of GON rules and regulations, acts and policies regarding non-profit/social sector associations and good knowledge of non-profit sector financial management
- Experience with accounting software packages
- Able to use computer to run office application software packages
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.