Assistance Engineer (Overseer) : Detail
- Company: Gramin Mahila Srijansil Pariwar
- Industry: I/ NGO
- Address: Pangretar-6, Sindhupalchok
- Full Time
- 3+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
First date of published: 17th May 2017
Gramin Mahila Srijanshil Pariwar (GMSP) is a community based non-profit and non-government organization, located in Sindhupalchok district. It is established to work and advocate against human trafficking, slavery, gender based violence and to promote human rights, peace, women rights and child rights. Along with this, this organization it has been working for earthquake relief, reconstruction, WASH, education, income generating activities and mass awareness at present. The organization is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacant position to implement its new project Integrated Disaster Risk Reduction and WASH Project in Sindhupalchok, project funded by The Johanniter.
Designation: Assistance Engineer (Overseer)
Required No: 1 (one)
Location: Sindhupalchok District
Duty station: Office base with frequent travel to project area
Report to: Program Manager/ Executive Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES ARE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager of GMSP and the advisory guidance of the Executive Director, the Assistance Engineer will be responsible for the following areas/activities:
- Provide direct technical support to the mitigation activities, water source maintenance.
- Assist feasibility study of the program.
- Conduct the field survey and prepare layouts, and estimation for the construction projects.
- Facilitating the community and provide the technical survey.
- Ensure the quality of the work conducted by the community.
- Able to work in close coordination with VDC level stakeholders and community.
- Diploma in Civil Engineering (Overseer) and 3 years of experience in relevant sector.
- Good knowledge on Microsoft Office Applications, Auto CAD
- Excellent command of both oral and written English
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Good reporting, communication and interpersonal skills is required;
- Ability to travel frequently to the project area.
Salary and benefits for the above post are as per organization rule.
Interested candidate can submit their application directly at GMSP office (Pangretar, Sindhupalchok) or send us an email stating the position you want to apply on the subject line on firstname.lastname@example.org including cover letter and updated CV by 24th May 2017.
Only short listed candidate will be called for the further selection process(es).
GMSP is an equal opportunity provider; we do encourage women, Dalits, and person from marginalized community, and people with disabilities.