Agriculture Specialist : Detail
- Company: Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Simikot, Humla
- Agriculture + Livestock
- Full Time
- 5+ years
- B. Sc. (Agriculture)
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
The Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal) is a non-profit making, non-political, and local non-governmental organization working for the empowerment and overall development of people with disabilities in the Himalayan region of Nepal. It is the only one leading and pioneering organization in the field of persons with disability in Humla district. In partnership with Mission East, HEAD Nepal is going to implement the project titled “Children and Hunger: reducing hunger and improving nutrition amongst the children with disabilities and other marginalized children in remote mountain villages of Humla”. In this regard, HEAD Nepalis seeking innovative, self-motivated and dynamic personnel for the following positions.
Positions: Agriculture Specialist
Based in Humla district headquarter, withfrequent travel to field bases.
Max. No: 1
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead overall agriculture and livelihood activities implementation in the project
- Prepare training curriculum and schedule as per the field plan related to livelihood, food security like house-plots, vegetable production, farmers group capacity building, agri-infrastructure, value chain and market development related to fresh vegetable production and livestock production
- Provide regular technical support to Junior Technician to implement agriculture and livelihood activities
- Design and adjust agriculture and income generating programs with efficiency and effectiveness
- Maintain close and regular contact with relevant line agencies at district and VDCs
- Support Project Manager to manage database system for project beneficiaries
- Collect and compile field based data and activities implemented at field and report to Project Manager
- Collect and document case studies, success stories and best practices for dissemination
- Support any other activities as assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Agriculture Science with minimum 5 years working experience desired
- Proven experience in building capacity of people in agriculture approach and technologies
- Ability to prepare training manuals related to agriculture and livelihood methodologies
- Excellent English and Nepali writing and speaking skills will be preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, especially on Microsoft Office package and Internet applications.
Interested candidates are requested to submit application letter, CV including at least 2 references and citizenship certificate by 4:00pm 28 February 2017 (17 Falgun, 2073). Applications can also be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or physically submitted to the office address below during working days. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Head Nepal promotes workforce diversity and positive discrimination for the gender equity and social inclusion. Hence, applications from women, people with disabilities and disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.
Himalayan Education and Development (HEAD Nepal)
(For more information about the organization and vacancy visit at www.headnepal.org)