Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Position: MEL Specialist
Duration: Initial for one year with a possibility of extension
Location: Kathmandu with 70% field visit
Reporting: Project Team Leader
Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) is an international non-governmental organization, which works in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Eastern Europe. CECI is working in Nepal for last 30 years. CECI’s mission is to combat poverty and exclusion. To this end, it builds the developmental capacities of local disadvantaged communities, supports peace, human rights and equity initiatives, mobilizes resources and fosters the exchange of knowledge.
Currently, CECI is implementing two projects - Sustainable Use of Technology for Public Sector Accountability in Nepal (SUSASAN) and Livelihood Promotion of Earthquake Affected Population in Nepal (PUNARNIRMAN). Both projects are funded by the Canadian Government (Global Affairs Canada–GAC). The SUSASAN project aims at increasing empowerment of women and men, girls and boys, and marginalized groups, to engage and participate in democratic processes equitably and inclusively, to enjoy and exercise their human rights through increased access to and use of integrated technologies in governance. While, the PUNARNIRMAN promotes livelihood, enterprises and skill development in earthquake affected districts. These projects are implemented in seven districts i.e. Sindhupalchok, Kavrepalanchok, Lalitpur, Kailali, Dadeldhura, Achham and Bajhang.
Mandate and job summary:
The MEL Specialist will work in close coordination with Team Leaders and team members of SUSASAN and PUNARNIRMAN projects, national and local stakeholders and implementing partners. S/he will develop and implement decentralized, simple and effective monitoring, evaluation, knowledge management and learning systems in the project. The MEL specialist will be responsible to bring innovative ideas and approaches for monitoring and evaluation of capacity building and strong analytical skills to interpret, document and share evidence and learning. Based on periodic M EL, s/he will provide feedback to further improve quality and efficiency of projects and disseminate good practices. The MEL Specialist will also be responsible for the knowledge management, documentation of results / learning and support to prepare reports on a regular basis. S/he is also responsible to support for the compliance of standard measures developed to ensure the quality of activities and to achieve the expected results of the project.
- Update and follow up of a MEL framework for the projects and ensure that the projects are tracking the progress against their indicators (RBM / LFA)
- Update and implement MEL processes and systems.
- Ensure all monitoring, evaluation and research activities are conducted in line with agreed ethical principles, and consistently promote active learning, knowledge management and dissemination.
- Develop capacity of implementing partner organizations and project teams on MEL.
- Support to collect and update required project data and analyses on a regular basis.
- Promote programme and organisational knowledge management and learning.
- Support to mainstream MEL in CECI Nepal work and create strong knowledge management systems.
- Support to conduct project specific assessments, evaluation, research and surveys.
- Coordinate with project team to review indicators and achievements on a periodic basis and develop periodic reports, document good practice and learning.
- Generate data reports (tables/graphs/reports) from the project databases at regular intervals, ensuring reports/information are available for effective project implementation.
- Design and provide training, orientation and mentoring support for monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
- Support program development team to develop and design projects.
- Develop a monitoring plan of the projects, conduct regular monitoring visits to the different project locations, develop monitoring reports and share with the project team.
Qualification, skills and experience:
- At least Master degree in Social Science, M EL or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management / learning and reporting.
- Strong experience in designing and delivering MEL related training and capacity building initiatives.
- Advanced computer software skills in data management systems.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Highly motivated and organized to work with, effective verbal and written communication skills both in Nepali and English.
- Prior experience of working in governance / accountability would be an asset.
Grosss Salary: NPR 1,300,000 per annum.
Interested candidates should apply electronically with updated bio-data by 25 March 2018 in the following address.
Email address: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the interview.
- No telephone inquiries will be entertained with respect to this announcement.
Women and Candidates from disadvantaged groups/areas (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, Economic and or geographically excluded districts) are encouraged to apply.
|Post Graduate / Masters in related field.|
|15 Mar, 18|
|25 Mar, 18|