Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
The government of Nepal is committed to ensuring that all children in Nepal develop the foundational of literacy skills. Although successful efforts have been made to universalize basic education in Nepal, the focus has now shifted to the quality of the education that children receive. In particular, the Government of Nepal is focusing on ensuring that all children in early grades develop strong literacy skills and habits. LIPS is one such program that is designed to support the Government of Nepal education policy to improve literacy and numeracy learning in early grades. The Programme is focused on establishing effective and sustainable approaches to teacher professional development and to deepen the teacher’s understanding on quality literacy.
Organisation: Action for Nepal (www.afnepal.org)
Job Title: Teacher Trainer / Coach
Office Based: Lukla, Solukhumbu
Working areas: Upper Solukhumbu (Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural municipality)
- Establish effective and sustainable approaches to early grades teacher professional development.
- Deepen teachers understanding of quality reading in literacy and numeracy.
- Maximizes on the job support to encourage teachers to change their classroom practices.
Experience / Skill / Knowledge:
- Experience of working as primary for minimum 3 years
- Minimum one year experience of delivering teacher training
- Knowledge on government education system.
- Good subject knowledge, knowledge on classroom management, session planning, coaching and mentoring.
- Knowledge on Grade and Multi-grade teaching practices
- Strong interpersonal skills& Communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and autonomously
- Patience, tolerance for other perspectives and good inter-personal skills
- Ability to think creatively.
- Organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to write good reports &speak fluent english, nepali.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree (any subject) (Bachelor or Master in Education subject more preferable)
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Jan, 18|
|08 Feb, 18|