Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT
GRADE: E1 SYS TECH (NST)
REQ NO: 01
BRITISH GURKHAS NEPAL
(ISSUED DATE: 10 MAY 2017)
OVERVIEW: To support OC Nepal Signal Troop in the delivery of Communications and Information services, the System Engineering Technician is responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and inspections all telecommunication lines as well as functioning as a single Point of Contact (POC) for all fault reporting and service requests. He is further to assist NST workshop IC in the day-to-day maintenance and management of Satellite Ground Terminal (SGT) and its associated tails equipment, ensuring the security of all equipment on their charge, including the correct maintenance and housekeeping of all associated documentation.
KEY TASK/ RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide day-to-day maintenance, programming and repair of Digital Private Automatic Branch Exchange (DPBABX) including HF/VHF radio equipment as and when required.
- Provide day-to-day assistance to Workshop IC in the overall conduct of periodic 1st /2nd line inspection of the tails equipment, ensuring all faults are rectified or reported to Workshop IC immediately.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and conduct periodic inspection of telecommunication lines within the BGN infrastructure including married and hiring quarters. Update the records of all telephone subscribers including the Main Distribution Frame (MDF) on completion as well as engineering and fault finding al all circuit-switched services and Nepal Telecommunications (NT) leased lines.
- Conduct movement of equipment (AFG 1045/Calibrating equipment), following BGN Equipment Care Directive.
- On daily basis, ensure all services are maintained and working, with any faults rectified in accordance with the priority matrix and maintain the fault log, ensuring all faults are correctly recorded on fault reporting log, including all follow up action as well as maintain a faulty/damaged equipment register.
- Assist Senior Technician NST in the overall conduct of all telecommunication trials and projects; provide support towards the setting-up of Earthquake Contingency Plan during Mission Rehearsal exercises or in realistic condition.
- Provide technical support towards all miscellaneous technical equipment – TV and VCR, Projector PA System and DSE workstation installed within the BGN infrastructures.
- UPS repaired and maintenance of BGN, BGP, BGD, PPO KTM, and PPO Dharan.
- Conduct all Portable Appliances Testing (PAT) all IT equipment at BGK, BGP, and BGD
- Be prepared to carry out other tasks as directed by Tp SSgt, or OC NST.
- Working together, Communication, Managing Work and Changes.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS:
- Qualified & skilled Telecommunication Technician equivalent to R Signals System Engineering Technician Class 1.
- Extensive working experience in the field of managing and maintaining the DPABX system or equivalent.
- Broader understanding of the delivery of circuit-switched services, including to ability to quickly master new Commercial-off-the-Shelf equipment & sheer ability to engineer & investigate telecommunication faults methodically.
- Must be Nepali Citizen
- Fluency in reading and speaking English
TRAINING/BRIEFING AND SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS:
- Briefing on Health & Safety at Work, Electrical Safety, Equipment Management & Care and LEC Regulations.
- Intermediate/Advance Computer courses (Word & Excel) including Office Management.
- On the Job Training (OJT) on Networking including File Transfer Protocol (FTP) and TCP/IP.
- Special-to-Role training on DPABX, HF/VHF Radios and Satellite Communication.
Salary will be NCR 61,456.00 (E1) per month and based on working of 40 hours per week. The post benefits from comprehensive medical care, including 100% reimbursement for immediate dependents, up to a specified amount per year and Gratuity and Provident Fund packages as terminal benefits. The post received 24 days paid annual leave plus up to 16 days public and privilege holidays per year.
HOW / WHERE TO APPLY:
A copy of the job description and an application form can be collected and submitted from / to the Guard Room in British Gurkhas Kathmandu, Man Bhawan, Jawalakhel, Lalitpur, Ward No 5 OR British Gurkhas Pokhara, Deep, Ward No 16 OR British Gurkhas Dharan, Ghopa Camp, Sunsari. For further information please contact Human Resource Office, British Gurkhas Nepal, Tel: 977 1 4235260, E-Mail: BGN-LecHrChClk@mod.uk
Please click http://www.asianart.com/
You are also to submit a covering letter (typed or hand written) explaining your reasons for applying and demonstrating how you meet the criteria for this post. The application form must contain a copy of Nepalese Citizenship, and any relevant certifictes and documents.
The closing date for receipt of the completed application form is 22 May 17 by 16:30Hrs. Any applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview which will take place in the 4th week of May 2017.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|12 May, 17|
|22 May, 17|