APEIRON fights against prejudice, violence, and inequalities so that women develop skills necessary to support themselves and their families. APEIRON helps women confront uphill battles: gender based violence, restricted access to and control over resources, low literacy, struggles to obtain citizenship documents, and other social and economic challenges.
APEIRON invites applications from the interested and eligible candid
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
TERM & LOCATION: Long Term position based in Kathmandu
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time Contractual
PURPOSE: To support the Finance Department on daily accounting and finance related task
- Prepare and maintain daily accounts and make entries into the accounting system that organization is using currently
- Maintain daily records of accounts and file appropriately
- Reconcile general ledgers, subsidiary accounts, receivables and payables and bank balances
- Assist in preparing payroll and its distribution
- Maintain books of accounts as per Nepal Accounting standard
- Should calculate TDS and deposit as per the Income Tax Act
- Assist in preparing the organization Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Financial Repor, Income statements and Balance Sheets
- Analyze, record and document accounting transaction
- Maintain financial performance records and provide periodic reports to the Finance Director on the status of budget implementation, use of funds and projection of resource needs
- Receiving and processing all Purchase Orders, Invoices, Expense forms
- Maintaining filling system of all accounting and finance documents and vouchers in a manner which ensures ease in retrieval and reference
- Maintaining petty cash by recording entry, verifying documentation, settlement
- Ensure compliance with organization rules and policies
- Other duties as requested by the Supervisor as and when required
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling APEIRON’s values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for organization, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business Studies/Administration or related disciplines
- At least 2 years experience in accounting and financial management, preferably in development sector
- Good knowledge of GoN financial policies, financial rules, budget management, planning and programming
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Financial Management Software (Accounting Software)
- Knowledge and experience in Book Keeping and Accounting
- Excellent written and spoken English and Nepali
- Ability to write reports in English
- Good communicator and facilitator
Interested and Eligible candidates are requested to send us their updated CV and Cover Letter along with expected salary mentioning the position you are applying for on the subject line (for example : “Application for Program Coordinator” at email@example.com on or before 20th November, 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for further selection process.
"Candidate/s involved in any influencing activity will be immediately disqualified from the selection process."
“APEIRON is focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. Thus, APEIRON encourages female candidates, candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/ Terai and other minor communities to apply."
|Finance & Administration|
|Full Time / Contract|
|06 Nov, 17|
|20 Nov, 17|