Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
RURAL ACCESS PROGRAMME, PHASE 3
Rural Access Programme – Phase 3 (RAP3) is a 6-year DFID funded programme operating in 14 Districts of Nepal. It aims to improve people’s incomes and resilience through employment, sustainable access to markets and improved access to economic opportunities.RAP3 is seeking an experienced person to manage health, safety and wellbeing related activities for the Mugu Humla Link Road (MHLR) Project.
Applicants are currently invited for the following position:
Position: Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager(1 position)
Location: Gamgadi, Mugu with frequent travel to site/s in Mugu and Humla districts.
Qualification, skills and experience
- A degree in social science or relevant subject and five years of working experience
- Expertise on preparing and implementing health and safety plans/procedure.
- Organise health and safety related training for staff.
- At least one year working experience in the remote western district of Nepal.
- Master degree in social science or relevant subject.
- Basic understanding of national and international health and safety norms and regulations including UK’s health and safety act.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Carry out general risk, safety assessment of the construction site.
- Prepare guidelines and provide training on health safety wellbeing to all members of the RAP3 team.
- Conduct regular health safety wellbeing audits and ensure the availability of safety gear on-site.Ensure proactive techniques are in place to provide best class health safety measures on-site. Also develop detailed root cause analysis, continual improvement and problem-solving report for health safety incidents.
Eligible applicants should apply by 20th May 2018 through the following process:
Submit your Curriculum Vitae along with an essay on,- “how would you help RAP 3 to begin best practices example in managing the health, safety and wellbeing of its staff and workers”.– 500 words max” to firstname.lastname@example.org , or through our official website www.rapnepal.com . Candidates should clearly mention the position they are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications are welcomed from all parts of the community and we encourage interest from Women, Dalits, Janajatis and Madhesis.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. RAP 3 retains the right to reject some or all applications even after the interview without giving any reasons whatsoever.
Rural Access Programme (RAP3)
Ekantakuna, Lalitpur, Kathmandu
|Please check vacancy details|
|04 May, 18|
|20 May, 18|