Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
PACT IS RECRUITING
District Coordinators: 2 positions
District Coordinators (Saptari -1; Sunsari or Morang-1) must be self-starters and demonstrate maturity, high energy, and mental alertness on a daily basis to respond effectively and creatively to implementation issues and opportunities that emerge across their program areas. Subject to availability of funds, the contract may be extended. The District Coordinator reports to the Senior Governance Advisor.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with three municipalities in each district and maintain regular communication.
- Work closely with “dialogue or workshop facilitator” assigned in each district.
- Liaise with civil society or citizen groups to ensure their engagement in local governance processes.
- Ensure meaningful participation of women and marginalized communities in all project activities.
- Ensure logistical arrangement for meetings, workshops as required.
- Support consultants and Kathmandu-based staff in arranging interviews and meetings or research and other purposes and participate in them as much as possible.
- Attend relevant meetings and workshops arranged by local stakeholders as well as MUAN and NARMIN.
- Submit case studies on request.
- Support in the preparation of project implementation guidelines.
- Attend meetings in Kathmandu as and when required.
- Prepare and submit accurate progress reports of program activities, including training activities, meetings, and workshops, in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social science, or other relevant fields (technical persons with social science background will also be considered).
- A minimum of three years of experience in development projects, working with government agencies strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer literacy in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required. Typing skills in both English and Nepali preferred.
- English fluency, both written and verbal, is required.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV to PactNepalRecruit@pactworld.org. Applications must be received by May 25, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Phone calls will not be accepted.
Women and persons from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.
|B.Devs. (Bachelors in Devlopment Studies)|
|18 May, 18|
|25 May, 18|
|Saptari, Sunsari or Morang|